Analysis of Gini for evaluating attrition in Italian survey on income and living condition
The Italian National Institute of Statistics (Istat) has set up a survey on income and living conditions (It-Silc), mainly composed of a cross-sectional and a longitudinal component.This paper aims at proving, by a decomposition of Gini concentration index, also known as Analysis of Gini (ANOGI), whether attrition introduces an element of bias in the analysis of income distribution. Compared to other studies in the literature, it introduces a new perspective by the direct evaluation of the attrition effect on studied variables.
Volume (Year): LXIII (2009)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (January-June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.sieds.it/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.sieds.it Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi, 2005. "A fresh look at the topical interest of the Gini concentration ratio," Econometrics 0511005, EconWPA.
- Lerman, Robert I. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1984. "A note on the calculation and interpretation of the Gini index," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 363-368.
- Pyatt, Graham, 1976. "On the Interpretation and Disaggregation of Gini Coefficients," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 243-55, June.
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi, 2005. "Bibliographic portrait of the Gini concentration ratio," Econometrics 0511004, EconWPA.
- Joachim R. Frick & Jan Goebel & Edna Schechtman & Gert G. Wagner & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 2006. "Using Analysis of Gini (ANOGI) for Detecting Whether Two Subsamples Represent the Same Universe," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 34(4), pages 427-468, May.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1994. "Economic distance and overlapping of distributions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 147-159, March.
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi, 2005. "Gini's scientific work: an evergreen," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3), pages 299-315.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ite:iteeco:091201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Ceccarelli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.