A Global Tour of Commercial Property and REIT Markets
Securitized equity interests in commercial property (the so-called listed REIT market) across a number of countries are analyzed. In so doing, we have pulled together financial as well as real economic data from a large number of different sources. On the real side, we focus particularly on office property construction, as data are fairly available in that sector. The comparison of REIT markets across countries reveals significant variation in terms of institutional characteristics, but many similarities in terms of financial performance. Office construction activity also displays some synchronicity across countries, with a general pattern of reduced levels and volatility in construction activity over the past two decades. Linkages between REIT market development and the dynamics of new construction activity are explored.
Volume (Year): 17 (2014)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.asres.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Asian Real Estate Society, 51 Monroe Street, Plaza E-6, Rockville, MD 20850, USA|
Web: http://www.asres.org/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kerry D. Vandell, 1999. "The Mortgage REITs: Dynamos or Duds?," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 99-03, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Chihiro Shimizu & Kiyohiko Nishimura, 2007. "Pricing Structure in Tokyo Metropolitan Land Markets and its Structural Changes: Pre-bubble, Bubble, and Post-bubble Periods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 475-496, November.
- Bradford Case & Yawei Yang & Yildiray Yildirim, 2012. "Dynamic Correlations Among Asset Classes: REIT and Stock Returns," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 298-318, April.
- Timothy J. Riddiough & Mark Moriarty & P.J. Yeatman, 2005. "Privately Versus Publicly Held Asset Investment Performance," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 33(1), pages 121-146, 03.
- Haibin Zhu, 2006. "The structure of housing finance markets and house prices in Asia," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ire:issued:v:17:n:02:2014:p:241-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.