Fundamentos para una Reforma Tributaria en Chile
Chile mainly taxes consumption. In fact, indirect taxes collect about 75% of total revenue, and the income tax, which collects the remaining 25%, incorporates schemes that allow taxpayers to substract from their tax duties part of the flow of savings, app
Volume (Year): 37 (2000)
Issue (Month): 111 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.puc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathan S. Feinstein, 1991. "An Econometric Analysis of Income Tax Evasion and its Detection," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(1), pages 14-35, Spring.
- Engen, Eric M. & Gravelle, Jane G. & Smetters, Kent, 1997. "Dynamic Tax Models: Why They Do the Things They Do," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(3), pages 657-82, September.
- Engel, Eduardo M. R. A. & Galetovic, Alexander & Raddatz, Claudio E., 1999.
"Taxes and income distribution in Chile: some unpleasant redistributive arithmetic,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 155-192, June.
- Eduardo Engel & Alexander Galetovic & Claudio Raddatz, 1998. "Taxes and Income Distribution in Chile: Some Unpleasant Redistributive Arithmetic," Documentos de Trabajo 41, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Eduardo M.R.A. Engel & Alexander Galetovic & Claudio E. Raddatz, 1998. "Taxes and Income Distribution in Chile: Some Unpleasant Redistributive Arithmetic," NBER Working Papers 6828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Besley, Timothy & Preston, Ian & Ridge, Michael, 1997.
"Fiscal anarchy in the UK: Modelling poll tax noncompliance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 137-152, May.
- Timothy Besley & Ian Preston & Michael Ridge, 1993. "Fiscal Anarchy in the U.K.: Modelling Poll Tax Noncompliance," NBER Working Papers 4498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy Besley & Ian Preston & Michael Ridge, . "Fiscal anarchy in the UK: modelling poll tax noncompliance," Public Policy Discussion Papers 96-02, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- William M. Gentry & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1997.
"Distributional Implications of Introducing a Broad-Based Consumption Tax,"
in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 11, pages 1-48
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William M. Gentry & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1996. "Distributional Implications of Introducing a Broad-Based Consumption Tax," NBER Working Papers 5832, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pablo Serra, 2000.
"Measuring the Performance of Chile's Tax Administration,"
Documentos de Trabajo
77, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Serra, Pablo, 2003. "Measuring the Performance of Chile’s Tax Administration," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 56(2), pages 373-83, June.
- Agha, Ali & Haughton, Jonathan, 1996. "Designing VAT Systems: Some Efficiency Considerations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 303-08, May.
- Levin, Richard C, 1988. "Appropriability, R&D Spending, and Technological Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 424-28, May.
- Joel Slemrod & Shlomo Yitzhaki, 1996. "The Costs of Taxation and the Marginal Efficiency Cost of Funds," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 172-198, March.
- Pablo Serra, 1998. "Evaluación del Sistema Tributario Chileno y Propuesta de Reforma," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 40, Central Bank of Chile.
- Michael Jorratt & Pablo Serra, 2000. "Estimación de la evasión en el impuesto a las empresas en Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 72, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Alm, James, 1996. "What Is an "Optimal'"Tax System?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(1), pages 117-33, March.
- Erard, Brian, 1993. "Taxation with representation : An analysis of the role of tax practitioners in tax compliance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 163-197, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:37:y:2000:i:111:p:299-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.