Setting Customer Expectation in Service Delivery: An Integrated Marketing-Operations Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ziv Carmon & J. George Shanthikumar & Tali F. Carmon, 1995. "A Psychological Perspective on Service Segmentation Models: The Significance of Accounting for Consumers' Perceptions of Waiting and Service," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(11), pages 1806-1815, November.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1980. "Econometric Models for Probabilistic Choice among Products," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 13-29, July.
- So, Kut C. & Song, Jing-Sheng, 1998. "Price, delivery time guarantees and capacity selection," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 28-49, November.
- Noah Gans, 2002. "Customer Loyalty and Supplier Quality Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(2), pages 207-221, February.
- Greenleaf, Eric A & Lehmann, Donald R, 1995. " Reasons for Substantial Delay in Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 186-199, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tang, Christopher S., 2010. "A review of marketing-operations interface models: From co-existence to coordination and collaboration," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 22-40, May.
- Kut C. So, 2000. "Price and Time Competition for Service Delivery," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(4), pages 392-409, April.
- Ruth N. Bolton & Katherine N. Lemon & Matthew D. Bramlett, 2006. "The Effect of Service Experiences over Time on a Supplier's Retention of Business Customers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1811-1823, December.
- repec:eee:touman:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:349-362 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salunke, Sandeep & Weerawardena, Jay & McColl-Kennedy, Janet R., 2013. "Competing through service innovation: The role of bricolage and entrepreneurship in project-oriented firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1085-1097.
- Altendorfer, Klaus & Jodlbauer, Herbert, 2011. "Which utilization and service level lead to the maximum EVA?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 16-26, March.
- Weixin Shang & Liming Liu, 2011. "Promised Delivery Time and Capacity Games in Time-Based Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(3), pages 599-610, March.
- Yeh, Chien Chi & Ku, Edward C.S. & Ho, Ching Hua, 2016. "Collaborating pivotal suppliers: Complementarities, flexibility, and standard communication between airline companies and travel agencies," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 92-101.
- Tong Wang & Beril L. Toktay, 2008. "Inventory Management with Advance Demand Information and Flexible Delivery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(4), pages 716-732, April.
- Xu, He & Yao, Nian & Tong, Shilu, 2013. "Sourcing under cost information asymmetry when facing time-sensitive customers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 599-609.
- Urban, Timothy L., 2009. "Establishing delivery guarantee policies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(3), pages 959-967, August.
- Ryan W. Buell & Michael I. Norton, 2011. "The Labor Illusion: How Operational Transparency Increases Perceived Value," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(9), pages 1564-1579, February.
- Praveen K. Kopalle & Donald R. Lehmann, 2006. "Setting Quality Expectations When Entering a Market: What Should the Promise Be?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(1), pages 8-24, 01-02.
- Dennis Campbell & Frances Frei, 2011. "Market Heterogeneity and Local Capacity Decisions in Services," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(1), pages 2-19, April.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:257:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1944-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:250:y:2015:i:c:p:580-592 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Xiaowei, 2016. "Managing the risks of outsourcing: Time, quality and correlated costs," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 121-133.
More about this item
Keywordscustomer expectation; delivery-time commitment; queueing theory; gap model of quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:50:y:2004:i:4:p:479-488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.