Synchronous Unpaced Flow Lines with Worker Differences and Overtime Cost
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- F. Brian Talbot & James H. Patterson, 1984. "An Integer Programming Algorithm with Network Cuts for Solving the Assembly Line Balancing Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(1), pages 85-99, January.
- Robert L. Carraway, 1989. "A Dynamic Programming Approach to Stochastic Assembly Line Balancing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(4), pages 459-471, April.
- Emmanuel Fernández-Gaucherand & Sanjay Jain & Hau L. Lee & Ambar G. Rao & M. R. Rao, 1995. "Improving Productivity by Periodic Performance Evaluation: A Bayesian Stochastic Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(10), pages 1669-1678, October.
- Anthony A. Mastor, 1970. "An Experimental Investigation and Comparative Evaluation of Production Line Balancing Techniques," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(11), pages 728-746, July.
- Fred N. Silverman & John C. Carter, 1986. "A Cost-Based Methodology for Stochastic Line Balancing with Intermittent Line Stoppages," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(4), pages 455-463, April.
- James R. Jackson, 1956. "A Computing Procedure for a Line Balancing Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 261-271, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiang, Wen-Chyuan & Urban, Timothy L., 2006. "The stochastic U-line balancing problem: A heuristic procedure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(3), pages 1767-1781, December.
- Urban, Timothy L. & Chiang, Wen-Chyuan, 2006. "An optimal piecewise-linear program for the U-line balancing problem with stochastic task times," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(3), pages 771-782, February.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:15-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:jsched:v:20:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10951-016-0490-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Urban, Timothy L. & Chiang, Wen-Chyuan, 2016. "Designing energy-efficient serial production lines: The unpaced synchronous line-balancing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(3), pages 789-801.
More about this item
Keywordsassembly lines; overtime; individual differences; stochastic line balancing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:46:y:2000:i:3:p:421-435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .