Inertia and Variety Seeking in a Model of Brand-Purchase Timing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Dipak C. Jain & Naufel J. Vilcassim, 1991. "Investigating Household Purchase Timing Decisions: A Conditional Hazard Function Approach," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 1-23.
- Minakshi Trivedi & Frank M. Bass & Ram C. Rao, 1994. "A Model of Stochastic Variety-Seeking," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 274-297.
- Rishin Roy & Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Sudeep Haldar, 1996. "A Framework for Investigating Habits, “The Hand of the Past,” and Heterogeneity in Dynamic Brand Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(3), pages 280-299.
- Fraser, Cynthia & Bradford, John W, 1983. " Competitive Market Structure Analysis: Principal Partitioning of Revealed Substitutabilities," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 15-30, June.
- Tülin Erdem, 1996. "A Dynamic Analysis of Market Structure Based on Panel Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 359-378.
- Jeongwen Chiang, 1991. "A Simultaneous Approach to the Whether, What and How Much to Buy Questions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(4), pages 297-315.
- McAlister, Leigh & Pessemier, Edgar, 1982. " Variety Seeking Behavior: An Interdisciplinary Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 311-322, December.
- Elrod, Terry & Keane, Michael, 1995. "A Factor-Analytic Probit Model for Representing the Market Structure in Panel Data," MPRA Paper 52434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Urmee Khan & Maxwell Stinchcombe, 2012. "The Virtues of Hesitation," Working Papers 201425, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2014.
- Nobuhiko Terui & Shohei Hasegawa & Greg M. Allenby, 2015. "A Threshold Model for Discontinuous Preference Change and Satiation," TMARG Discussion Papers 122, Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University.
- Meade, Nigel & Islam, Towhidul, 2010. "Using copulas to model repeat purchase behaviour - An exploratory analysis via a case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(3), pages 908-917, February.
- S. Sajeesh & Jagmohan S. Raju, 2010. "Positioning and Pricing in a Variety Seeking Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 949-961, June.
- Zakaria Babutsidze & Robin Cowan, 2014. "Showing or telling? Local interaction and organization of behavior," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 9(2), pages 151-181, October.
- Arnd Huchzermeier & Ananth Iyer & Julia Freiheit, 2002. "The Supply Chain Impact of Smart Customers in a Promotional Environment," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 4(3), pages 228-240, November.
- repec:kap:mktlet:v:30:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s11002-019-09484-w is not listed on IDEAS
- Gábor Kézdi & Gergely Csorba, 2013.
"Estimating Consumer Lock-In Effects from Firm-Level Data,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 431-452, September.
- Gábor Kézdi & Gergely Csorba, 2012. "Estimating consumer lock-in effects from firm-level data," CEU Working Papers 2012_17, Department of Economics, Central European University, revised 19 Oct 2012.
- Laura Lucia-Palacios & Raúl Pérez-López & Yolanda Polo-Redondo, 2016. "Enemies of cloud services usage: inertia and switching costs," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 10(2), pages 447-467, June.
- Elaine Zanutto & Eric Bradlow, 2006. "Data pruning in consumer choice models," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 267-287, September.
- Greg M. Allenby & Thomas S. Shively & Sha Yang & Mark J. Garratt, 2004. "A Choice Model for Packaged Goods: Dealing with Discrete Quantities and Quantity Discounts," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 95-108, June.
- Michael Braun & David A. Schweidel, 2011. "Modeling Customer Lifetimes with Multiple Causes of Churn," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(5), pages 881-902, September.
- Steven M. Shugan, 2006. "Editorial: Errors in the Variables, Unobserved Heterogeneity, and Other Ways of Hiding Statistical Error," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 203-216, 05-06.
- Marko Sarstedt & Sebastian Scharf & Alexander Thamm & Michael Wolff, 2010. "Die Prognose von Serviceintervallen mit der Hazard-Raten-Analyse – Ergebnisse einer empirischen Studie im Automobilmarkt," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 269-283, April.
- Karsten Hansen & Vishal Singh, 2009. "Market Structure Across Retail Formats," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(4), pages 656-673, 07-08.
- Felipe Caro & Victor Martínez-de-Albéniz, 2012. "Product and Price Competition with Satiation Effects," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(7), pages 1357-1373, July.
- Richards, Timothy J., 2004. "Price and Product-Line Rivalry Among Supermarket Retailers," Working Papers 28535, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- K. Sudhir & Nathan Yang, 2014. "Exploiting the Choice-Consumption Mismatch: A New Approach to Disentangle State Dependence and Heterogeneity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1941, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- P. B. Seetharaman, 2004. "The Additive Risk Model for Purchase Timing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 234-242, March.
- Kai Kopperschmidt & Winfried Stute, 2009. "Purchase timing models in marketing: a review," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 93(2), pages 123-149, June.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:28:y:2011:i:4:p:352-366 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jouret:v:89:y:2013:i:4:p:361-373 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:25:y:2008:i:2:p:119-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martijn G. de Jong & Donald R. Lehmann & Oded Netzer, 2012. "State-Dependence Effects in Surveys," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(5), pages 838-854, September.
More about this item
Keywordshazard models; purchase timing; brand choice;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:17:y:1998:i:3:p:253-270. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.