Business Reporting on the Internet: Development of a Disclosure Quality Index
The rapid growth of the internet has significantly influenced business reporting practices and accounting communication of companies. Studies of internet business reporting apply various indexes to measure disclosure practices. However, existing indexes suffer weaknesses in the scope covered, which is mainly limited to financial disclosure. The present study develops a new index¡Xthe Internet Business Reporting Quality (IBRQ) index¡Xto measure the quality of internet business reporting practices. Detailed consideration was made about weights in the index. Results from multi-rater reliability test indicate that the index is a valid and reliable instrument. The index was also reviewed by prominent researchers. The IBRQ index addresses a significant gap in the literature.
Volume (Year): 8 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barbara Pirchegger & Alfred Wagenhofer, 1999. "Financial information on the Internet: a survey of the homepages of Austrian companies," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 383-395.
- Rowe, Thomas M. & Giroux, Gary A., 1986. "Diocesan financial disclosure: A quality assessment," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 57-74.
- Andrew Lymer, 1999. "Internet and the future of reporting in Europe," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 289-301.
- Xiao, Jason Zezhong & Yang, He & Chow, Chee W., 2004. "The determinants and characteristics of voluntary Internet-based disclosures by listed Chinese companies," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 191-225.
- Gary K Meek & Clare B Roberts & Sidney J Gray, 1995. "Factors Influencing Voluntary Annual Report Disclosures By U.S., U.K. and Continental European Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(3), pages 555-572, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:8:y:2009:i:1:p:55-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.