Construction d'un score de publication volontaire entendu comme une mesure de la communication financière en période pre/post IFRS
The object of the present article is to study the voluntary disclosure information strategy of companies composing the French index SBF 120 within the framework of the transition to the IFRS accounting standards. So, we suggest analyzing the additional publication of information of the SBF 120 companies through the construction of a voluntary disclosure score also known under the name of voluntary disclosure index. The obtained results allow to bring to light a quantitative increase of the level of voluntary disclosure during pre/post IFRS period and a modification of the structure of the information produced by the studied companies ; the information of stock-exchange nature leaving little by little the place with the accounting and financial information.
|Date of creation:||10 May 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilités, économie et société, May 2011, Montpellier, France. pp.cd-rom, 2011|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00650431|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary K Meek & Clare B Roberts & Sidney J Gray, 1995. "Factors Influencing Voluntary Annual Report Disclosures By U.S., U.K. and Continental European Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(3), pages 555-572, September.
- Eng, L. L. & Mak, Y. T., 2003. "Corporate governance and voluntary disclosure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 325-345.
- G K Meek & S J Gray, 1989. "Globalization of Stock Markets and Foreign Listing Requirements: Voluntary Disclosures by Continental European Companies Listed on the London Stock Exchange," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 20(2), pages 315-336, June.
- Archambault, Jeffrey J. & Archambault, Marie E., 2003. "A multinational test of determinants of corporate disclosure," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 173-194.
- Choi, J. Y. & Salandro, Dan & Shastri, Kuldeep, 1988. "On the Estimation of Bid-Ask Spreads: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 219-230, June.
- Chau, Gerald K. & Gray, Sidney J., 2002. "Ownership structure and corporate voluntary disclosure in Hong Kong and Singapore," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 247-265.
- Bernard Raffournier, 1995. "The determinants of voluntary financial disclosure by Swiss listed companies," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 261-280.
- Stephen Owusu-Ansah & Joanna Yeoh, 2005. "The effect of legislation on corporate disclosure practices," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 41(1), pages 92-109.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00650431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.