Constant Consumption and the Economic Depreciation of Natural Capital: The Nonautonomous Case
We investigate economic depreciation of natural capital for cases of nonstationary output prices, technology, and interest rates. For the former two cases (exogenous movements in prices and technology), constant consumption emerges under a strategy of investing to cover off economic depreciation. The Interest rate case requires a modified sinking fund strategy. Copyright 1999 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 40 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297|
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0020-6598 Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Avinash Dixit & Peter Hammond & Michael Hoel, 1980. "On Hartwick's Rule for Regular Maximin Paths of Capital Accumulation and Resource Depletion," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 551-556.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources: Comment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 153-155.
- Kemp,M.C. & Van Long, N., 1995. "On the Evaluation of Social Income in a Dynamic Economy: Generalizations," Papers 95/43, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Michel, Philippe, 1982.
"On the Transversality Condition in Infinite Horizon Optimal Problems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 975-985, July.
- Michel, P., 1980. "On the Transversality Condition in Infinite Horizon Optimal Problems," Cahiers de recherche 8024, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Vincent, Jeffrey R. & Panayotou, Theodore & Hartwick, John M., 1997. "Resource Depletion and Sustainability in Small Open Economies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 274-286, July.
- LÃ©onard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992. "Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521331586.
- LÃ©onard,Daniel & Long,Ngo van, 1992. "Optimal Control Theory and Static Optimization in Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521337465.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-974, December.
- John Hartwick, 1976. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," Working Papers 220, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Geir Asheim, 1994. "The Weitzman Foundation of NNP with Non-constant Interest Rates," CESifo Working Paper Series 75, CESifo Group Munich.
- Asheim, G.B., 1995. "The Weitzman Foundation of NNP with Non-Constant Interest Rates," Memorandum 26/1995, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Lozada, Gabriel A., 1995. "Resource depletion, national income accounting, and the value of optimal dynamic programs," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 137-154, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)