The DF Structure Models for Options Pricing on the Dividend-Paying and Capital-Splitting
Based on the DF structure models for option pricing (Dai and Qin, 2005), this paper further discusses the DF structure models for three cases, i.e., when the underlying stock is dividend-paid, or when it is capital-split and when it is both dividend-paid as well as capital-split. These three cases are discussed separately, and then integrated in the general models for call and put options. Finally, examples are considered to compare the options prices calculated by the DF formulas and Black-Scholes formulas, and it is infered, that the DF formulas are better than the Black-Scholes formulas. It is also stated that DF formula is useful to traders in the financial market, as it can be conveniently adjusted according to the trading time.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): VI (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Whaley, Robert E, 1987. " Efficient Analytic Approximation of American Option Values," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 301-320, June.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Peter Carr & Robert Jarrow & Ravi Myneni, 2008. "Alternative Characterizations Of American Put Options," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 5, pages 85-103 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Peter Carr & Robert Jarrow & Ravi Myneni, 1992. "Alternative Characterizations Of American Put Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 87-106.
- Geske, Robert & Roll, Richard, 1984. " On Valuing American Call Options with the Black-Scholes European Formula," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 443-455, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icf:icfjae:v:06:y:2007:i:3:p:17-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (G R K Murty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.