The DF Structure Models for Options Pricing On the Dividend- Paying and Capital-Splitting
Based on the DF structure models for option pricing (F. Dai, 2005), this paper discusses further the DF structure models on three cases, i.e., the underlying stock being dividend-paid, capital-split or dividend-paid and capital-split. These three cases are discussed separately, and are integrated to the general models for call or put. Finally, the examples are given to compare the options prices calculated by the DF formulas and Black-Scholes formulas, and they show, as a whole, that the DF formulas are not inferior to Black-Scholes formulas. DF formula is useful to traders in financial market because it is convenient to adjust along with the trading time.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Whaley, Robert E, 1987. " Efficient Analytic Approximation of American Option Values," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 301-20, June.
- Geske, Robert & Roll, Richard, 1984. " On Valuing American Call Options with the Black-Scholes European Formula," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 443-55, June.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Peter Carr & Robert Jarrow & Ravi Myneni, 1992. "Alternative Characterizations Of American Put Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 87-106.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0508012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.