Resource Transfers And Financial Satisfaction: A Preliminary Correlation Analysis
This is a preliminary paper that attempts to set out the conceptual framework on intergenerational transfers and outline the relationship between financial satisfaction and wealth transfers decision among the older persons. It combines the concepts of resource transfers (which is made up of time transfers and financial transfers) and financial satisfaction. The paper maps the basic theories surrounding the concepts of resource transfers and financial satisfaction, and postulates that there may exist interdependencies between time transfers, financial transfers and financial satisfaction. A preliminary pilot test was also conducted to evaluate the hypotheses set out, as an initial ground work towards the study of the overall framework.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McGarry, K & Schoeni, R-F, 1996. "Measurement and the Redistribution of Resources Within the Family," Papers 96-11, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Plagnol, Anke C., 2011. "Financial satisfaction over the life course: The influence of assets and liabilities," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 45-64, February.
- Kenneth Couch & Mary Daly & Douglas Wolf, 1999. "Time? money? both? the allocation of resources to older Parents," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 36(2), pages 219-232, May.
- Esperanza Vera-Toscano & Victoria Ateca-Amestoy & Rafael Serrano-Del-Rosal, 2006.
"Building Financial Satisfaction,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 77(2), pages 211-243, 06.
- Kathleen McGarry, 1997.
"Inter vivos Transfers and Intended Bequests,"
NBER Working Papers
6345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sun-Kang Koh & Maurice MacDonald, 2006. "Financial Reciprocity and Elder Care: Interdependent Resource Transfers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 420-436, September.
- Silverstein, Merril & Bengtson, Vern L., 1994. "Does intergenerational social support influence the psychological well-being of older parents? The contingencies of declining health and widowhood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 943-957, April.
- Celia Hayhoe & Michelle Stevenson, 2007. "Financial Attitudes and Inter vivos Resource Transfers from Older Parents to Adult Children," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 123-135, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grg:01biss:v:3:y:2011:i:1:p:146-156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (editor)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.