Resource Transfers And Financial Satisfaction: A Preliminary Correlation Analysis
This is a preliminary paper that attempts to set out the conceptual framework on intergenerational transfers and outline the relationship between financial satisfaction and wealth transfers decision among the older persons. It combines the concepts of resource transfers (which is made up of time transfers and financial transfers) and financial satisfaction. The paper maps the basic theories surrounding the concepts of resource transfers and financial satisfaction, and postulates that there may exist interdependencies between time transfers, financial transfers and financial satisfaction. A preliminary pilot test was also conducted to evaluate the hypotheses set out, as an initial ground work towards the study of the overall framework.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Celia Hayhoe & Michelle Stevenson, 2007. "Financial Attitudes and Inter vivos Resource Transfers from Older Parents to Adult Children," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 123-135, March.
- McGarry, K & Schoeni, R-F, 1996. "Measurement and the Redistribution of Resources Within the Family," Papers 96-11, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Sun-Kang Koh & Maurice MacDonald, 2006. "Financial Reciprocity and Elder Care: Interdependent Resource Transfers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 420-436, September.
- McGarry, Kathleen, 1999. "Inter vivos transfers and intended bequests," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 321-351, September.
- Esperanza Vera-Toscano & Victoria Ateca-Amestoy & Rafael Serrano-del-Rosal, 2004.
"Building Financial Satisfaction,"
IESA Working Papers Series
0412, Institute for Social Syudies of Andalusia - Higher Council for Scientific Research.
- Silverstein, Merril & Bengtson, Vern L., 1994. "Does intergenerational social support influence the psychological well-being of older parents? The contingencies of declining health and widowhood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 943-957, April.
- Kenneth Couch & Mary Daly & Douglas Wolf, 1999. "Time? money? both? the allocation of resources to older Parents," Demography, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 219-232, May.
- Plagnol, Anke C., 2011. "Financial satisfaction over the life course: The influence of assets and liabilities," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 45-64, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grg:01biss:v:3:y:2011:i:1:p:146-156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (editor)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.