Organizational Form And Efficiency: The Coexistence Of Family Takaful And Life Insurance In Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Norashikin Ismail Author_Email: & Prof Dr Datuk Syed Othman Alhabshi & Prof Obiyathulla Bacha, 2011. "Organizational Form And Efficiency: The Coexistence Of Family Takaful And Life Insurance In Malaysia," 2nd International Conference on Business and Economic Research (2nd ICBER 2011) Proceeding 2011-306, Conference Master Resources.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hao, James C.J. & Chou, Lin-Yhi, 2005. "The estimation of efficiency for life insurance industry: The case in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 847-860, October.
- Yao, Shujie & Han, Zhongwei & Feng, Genfu, 2007. "On technical efficiency of China's insurance industry after WTO accession," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 66-86.
- Vivian Jeng & Gene C. Lai, 2005. "Ownership Structure, Agency Costs, Specialization, and Efficiency: Analysis of Keiretsu and Independent Insurers in the Japanese Nonlife Insurance Industry," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(1), pages 105-158.
- Cummins, J. David & Weiss, Mary A. & Xie, Xiaoying & Zi, Hongmin, 2010. "Economies of scope in financial services: A DEA efficiency analysis of the US insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1525-1539, July.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Cummins, J. David & Klumpes, Paul J.M., 2010. "Performance measurement in the financial services sector: Frontier efficiency methodologies and other innovative techniques," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1413-1416, July.
- Patrick L. Brockett & William W. Cooper & Linda L. Golden & John J. Rousseau & Yuying Wang, 2005. "Financial Intermediary Versus Production Approach to Efficiency of Marketing Distribution Systems and Organizational Structure of Insurance Companies," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(3), pages 393-412.
- Martin Eling & Michael Luhnen, 2010. "Frontier Efficiency Methodologies to Measure Performance in the Insurance Industry: Overview, Systematization, and Recent Developments," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 35(2), pages 217-265, April.
- Kao, Chiang & Hwang, Shiuh-Nan, 2008. "Efficiency decomposition in two-stage data envelopment analysis: An application to non-life insurance companies in Taiwan," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(1), pages 418-429, February.
- J. A. Bikker & M. van Leuvensteijn, 2008. "Competition and efficiency in the Dutch life insurance industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(16), pages 2063-2084.
- F. Fecher & D. Kessler & S. Perelman & P. Pestieau, 1993.
"Productive performance of the French insurance industry,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 77-93, June.
- Fecher, F. & Kessler, D. & Perelman, S. & Pestieau, P., 1991. "Productive performance of the french insurance industry," CORE Discussion Papers 1991025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fecher, F. & Kessler, D. & Perelman, S. & Pestieau, P., 1993. "Productive performance of the French insurance industry," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gardner, Lisa A. & Grace, Martin F., 1993. "X-Efficiency in the US life insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 497-510, April.
- J. David Cummins & Mary A. Weiss & Hongmin Zi, 1999. "Organizational Form and Efficiency: The Coexistence of Stock and Mutual Property-Liability Insurers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(9), pages 1254-1269, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hela Miniaoui & Anissa Chaibi, 2014. "Technical Efficiency of Takaful Industry: A Comparative Study of Malaysia and GCC Countries," Working Papers 2014-55, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Silvana Kardinar Wijayanti & Barry Ramsay, 2016. "Life Insurance Take-Up Rate Influencing Factors Comparison between Malaysia and Japan," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 6(7), pages 37-41, July.
- Wanke, Peter & Barros, Carlos Pestana, 2016. "Efficiency drivers in Brazilian insurance: A two-stage DEA meta frontier-data mining approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 8-22.
- Khan, Atiquzzafar & Noreen, Uzma, 2014. "Efficiency Measure of Insurance v/s Tak ful Firms Using DEA Approach: A Case of Pakistan," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 22, pages 139-158.
More about this item
KeywordsEfficiency; Organization structure and Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA);
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grg:01biss:v:3:y:2011:i:1:p:122-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (editor). General contact details of provider: http://www.globalresearch.com.my/journal.htm .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.