Is Sustainability Compatible with Profitability? An Empirical Analysis on Family Farming Activity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lehtonen, Markku, 2004. "The environmental-social interface of sustainable development: capabilities, social capital, institutions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 199-214, June.
- Andrea Baudoin Farah & Almudena Gómez-Ramos, 2014. "Competitiveness vs. Sustainability: An Assessment of Profitability as a Component of an Approach on “Sustainable Competitiveness” in Extensive Farming Systems of Central Spain," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-27, November.
- Lauriane Mouysset & Luc Doyen & Frédéric Jiguet, 2014. "From Population Viability Analysis to Coviability of Farmland Biodiversity and Agriculture," Post-Print hal-01565883, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Surun, Clément & Drechsler, Martin, 2018. "Effectiveness of Tradable Permits for the Conservation of Metacommunities With Two Competing Species," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 189-196.
- Jubril Olakitan Atanda & Ayşe Öztürk, 2020. "Social criteria of sustainable development in relation to green building assessment tools," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 61-87, January.
- Umut Ozkan & Stephan Schott, 2013. "Sustainable Development and Capabilities for the Polar Region," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 1259-1283, December.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Zhiyang Shen & Vivian Valdmanis, 2020.
"Performance analysis for three pillars of sustainability,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 305-320, June.
- Zhiyang Shen & Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Vivian Valdmanis, 2017. "Performance analysis for three pillars of sustainability," Working Papers 2017-EQM-01, IESEG School of Management.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Hervé Leleu & Zhiyang Shen & Vivian Valdmanis, 2020. "Performance analysis for three pillars of sustainability," Post-Print hal-03046676, HAL.
- Shyam Singh & Nathalie Holvoet & Vivek Pandey, 2018. "Bridging Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility: Culture of Monitoring and Evaluation of CSR Initiatives in India," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-19, July.
- Fabio Maria Montagnino, 2018. "Joseph Beuys’ Rediscovery of Man–Nature Relationship: A Pioneering Experience of Open Social Innovation," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-17, October.
- Beling, Adrián E. & Vanhulst, Julien & Demaria, Federico & Rabi, Violeta & Carballo, Ana E. & Pelenc, Jérôme, 2018. "Discursive Synergies for a ‘Great Transformation’ Towards Sustainability: Pragmatic Contributions to a Necessary Dialogue Between Human Development, Degrowth, and Buen Vivir," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 304-313.
- John Holmberg & Johan Larsson, 2018. "A Sustainability Lighthouse—Supporting Transition Leadership and Conversations on Desirable Futures," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-25, October.
- Lauriane Mouysset & Luc Doyen & François Léger & Frédéric Jiguet & Tim G. Benton, 2018.
"Operationalizing Sustainability as a Safe Policy Space,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-9, October.
- Laurianne Mouysset & Luc Doyen & Francois Leger & Frédéric Jiguet & Tim G Benton, 2018. "Operationalizing Sustainability as a Safe Policy Space," Post-Print hal-01965779, HAL.
- Lenore Newman, 2007. "The virtuous cycle: incremental changes and a process-based sustainable development," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 267-274.
- Michael B. Wironen & Robert V. Bartlett & Jon D. Erickson, 2019. "Deliberation and the Promise of a Deeply Democratic Sustainability Transition," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-18, February.
- Tian, Jing & Andraded, Celio & Lumbreras, Julio & Guan, Dabo & Wang, Fangzhi & Liao, Hua, 2018. "Integrating Sustainability Into City-level CO2 Accounting: Social Consumption Pattern and Income Distribution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 1-16.
- Gendron, Corinne, 2014. "Beyond environmental and ecological economics: Proposal for an economic sociology of the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 240-253.
- Tuba Cekic, 2011. "Redefining Turkey's Regional Economic Disparities Through Social Participation," ERSA conference papers ersa11p184, European Regional Science Association.
- Riccardo Natoli & Segu Zuhair, 2010. "Establishing the RIE index: a review of the components critical to progress measurement," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(8), pages 574-591, July.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2014. "Market and policy shocks in economic systems: interrelated dynamics towards future sustainability," SEEDS Working Papers 1214, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2014.
- Jean-Sauveur Ay & Raja Chakir & Luc Doyen & Frédéric Jiguet & Paul Leadley, 2014.
"Integrated models, scenarios and dynamics of climate, land use and common birds,"
Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 13-30, September.
- Jean-Sauveur Ay & R. Chakir & Luc Doyen & F. Jiguet & P. Leadley, 2014. "Integrated models, scenarios and dynamics of climate, land use and common birds," Post-Print hal-03143259, HAL.
- repec:jes:wpaper:y:2011:v:3:p:488-496 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christophe Heyndrickx & Natalia Tourdyeva & Victoria Alexeeva-Talebi, 2011.
"The SUSTRUS model: a CGE model on regional level for sustainability policies in Russia,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa11p1565, European Regional Science Association.
- Christophe Heyndrickx & Natalia Tourdyeva & Victoria Alexeeva-Talebi, 2011. "The SUSTRUS model: a CGE model on regional level for sustainability policies in Russia," EcoMod2011 3144, EcoMod.
- van Kooten, G. Cornelis & Thomsen, Roy & Hobby, Thomas G. & Eagle, Alison J., 2006. "Social dilemmas and public range management in Nevada," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 709-723, June.
- Ana-Maria Teodorescu, 2012. "Links Between The Pillars Of Sustainable Development," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(40), pages 168-173.
More about this item
Keywordsprofitability; sustainability; socio-economic dimension; environmentally respectful practices; innovation; family farm;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:9:p:893-:d:77380. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.