Rogun Damâ€”Path to Energy Independence or Security Threat?
The revitalization of the Rogun hydropower station project and launch of an Initial Public Offering has led the water-energy disputes between Tajikistan and Uzbekistan to a new stage. While two riparian states advocate their positions from their own perspective, it gives the impression of being a â€œprisonersâ€™ dilemmaâ€ case from a regional cooperation point. This paper aims to review the decision of project revitalization from the unconventional security perspective, focusing mainly on its impact on Tajikistan. The scope will be limited to economic, energy, social and political security. The paper attempts to reveal the existing unconventional security threats and suggest possible solutions for the arising problems.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gloria O. Pasadilla, 2010.
"Financial Crisis, Trade Finance, and SMEs : Case of Central Asia,"
Finance Working Papers
22924, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Gloria O. Pasadilla, 2010. "Financial Crisis, Trade Finance, and SMEs: Case of Central Asia," Working Papers id:3023, eSocialSciences.
- Pasadilla, Gloria O., 2010. "Financial Crisis, Trade Finance, and SMEs: Case of Central Asia," ADBI Working Papers 187, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Abdullaev, Iskandar & Kazbekov, Jusipbek & Manthritilake, Hearth & Jumaboev, Kahramon, 2009. "Participatory water management at the main canal: A case from South Ferghana canal in Uzbekistan," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 317-329, February.
- Bartle, Alison, 2002. "Hydropower potential and development activities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1231-1239, November.
- Michael Glantz, 2005. "Water, Climate, and Development Issues in the Amu Darya Basin," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 23-50, January.
- Wegerich, Kai & Olsson, Oliver & Froebrich, Jochen, 2007. "Reliving the past in a changed environment: Hydropower ambitions, opportunities and constraints in Tajikistan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3815-3825, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:3:y:2011:i:9:p:1573-1592:d:14087. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.