Internal and External Influential Factors on Waste Disposal Behavior in Public Open Spaces in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McCarty, John A. & Shrum, L. J., 1994. "The recycling of solid wastes: Personal values, value orientations, and attitudes about recycling as antecedents of recycling behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 53-62, May.
- Hornik, Jacob & Cherian, Joseph & Madansky, Michelle & Narayana, Chem, 1995. "Determinants of recycling behavior: A synthesis of research results," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 105-127.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Stewart Barr & Andrew W Gilg & Nicholas J Ford, 2001. "A Conceptual Framework for Understanding and Analysing Attitudes towards Household-Waste Management," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 33(11), pages 2025-2048, November.
- Botetzagias, Iosif & Dima, Antora-Fani & Malesios, Chrisovalantis, 2015. "Extending the Theory of Planned Behavior in the context of recycling: The role of moral norms and of demographic predictors," MPRA Paper 99294, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yi-Te Chiang & Wei-Ta Fang & Ulas Kaplan & Eric Ng, 2019. "Locus of Control: The Mediation Effect between Emotional Stability and Pro-Environmental Behavior," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-14, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Babak Nemat & Mohammad Razzaghi & Kim Bolton & Kamran Rousta, 2020. "The Potential of Food Packaging Attributes to Influence Consumers’ Decisions to Sort Waste," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(6), pages 1-22, March.
- Euclides Santos Bittencourt & Cristiano Hora de Oliveira Fontes & Jorge Laureano Moya Rodriguez & Salvador Ávila Filho & Adonias Magdiel Silva Ferreira, 2020. "Modeling the Socioeconomic Metabolism of End-of-Life Tires Using Structural Equations: A Brazilian Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-28, March.
- Pagnarith Srun & Kiyo Kurisu, 2019. "People’s Tendency Toward Norm-Interventions to Tackle Waste Disposal in Public Open Spaces in Phnom Penh, Cambodia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-13, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Richard Osbaldiston, 2013. "Synthesizing the Experiments and Theories of Conservation Psychology," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(6), pages 1-26, June.
- The Ninh Nguyen & Hoang Viet Nguyen & Antonio Lobo & The Son Dao, 2017. "Encouraging Vietnamese Household Recycling Behavior: Insights and Implications," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-15, January.
- Kun Shi & Yi Zhou & Zhen Zhang, 2021. "Mapping the Research Trends of Household Waste Recycling: A Bibliometric Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(11), pages 1-23, May.
- Alessandro Concari & Gerjo Kok & Pim Martens, 2020. "A Systematic Literature Review of Concepts and Factors Related to Pro-Environmental Consumer Behaviour in Relation to Waste Management Through an Interdisciplinary Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-50, May.
- Mohammad H. Pakravan & Nordica MacCarty, 2020. "What Motivates Behavior Change? Analyzing User Intentions to Adopt Clean Technologies in Low-Resource Settings Using the Theory of Planned Behavior," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(11), pages 1-32, June.
- Arı, Erkan & Yılmaz, Veysel, 2016. "A proposed structural model for housewives' recycling behavior: A case study from Turkey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 132-142.
- Nguyen, The Ninh & Lobo, Antonio & Greenland, Steven, 2016. "Pro-environmental purchase behaviour: The role of consumers' biospheric values," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 98-108.
- Adekunle Oke, 2015. "Workplace Waste Recycling Behaviour: A Meta-Analytical Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-20, June.
- Gaetano Musella & Massimiliano Agovino & Mariaconcetta Casaccia & Alessandro Crociata, 2019. "Evaluating waste collection management: the case of macro-areas and municipalities in Italy," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 21(6), pages 2857-2889, December.
- Hyun Joo Kwon & Mira Ahn & Jiyun Kang, 2021. "The Effects of Knowledge Types on Consumer Decision Making for Non-Toxic Housing Materials and Products," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(19), pages 1-14, October.
- Ang, James B. & Fredriksson, Per G. & Sharma, Swati, 2020. "Individualism and the adoption of clean energy technology," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Luo, Zongwei & Dubey, Rameshwar & Gunasekaran, Angappa & Childe, Stephen J. & Papadopoulos, Thanos & Hazen, Benjamin & Roubaud, David, 2017. "Sustainable production framework for cement manufacturing firms: A behavioural perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 495-502.
- Hong Thi Thu Nguyen & Rern-Jay Hung & Chun-Hung Lee & Hang Thi Thu Nguyen, 2018. "Determinants of Residents’ E-Waste Recycling Behavioral Intention: A Case Study from Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Xuan Liu & Qiancheng Wang & Hsi-Hsien Wei & Hung-Lin Chi & Yaotian Ma & Izzy Yi Jian, 2020. "Psychological and Demographic Factors Affecting Household Energy-Saving Intentions: A TPB-Based Study in Northwest China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-20, January.
- Sreen, Naman & Purbey, Shankar & Sadarangani, Pradip, 2018. "Impact of culture, behavior and gender on green purchase intention," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 177-189.
- Yueling Xu & Wenyu Zhang & Haijun Bao & Shuai Zhang & Ying Xiang, 2019. "A SEM–Neural Network Approach to Predict Customers’ Intention to Purchase Battery Electric Vehicles in China’s Zhejiang Province," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-19, June.
- Gege Zhang & Xiaoyuan Chen & Rob Law & Mu Zhang, 2020. "Sustainability of Heritage Tourism: A Structural Perspective from Cultural Identity and Consumption Intention," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-17, November.
- Deidre Bauer & Julia Arnold & Kerstin Kremer, 2018. "Consumption-Intention Formation in Education for Sustainable Development: An Adapted Model Based on the Theory of Planned Behavior," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-13, September.
- Tao, Yujie & Duan, Maosheng & Deng, Zhe, 2021. "Using an extended theory of planned behaviour to explain willingness towards voluntary carbon offsetting among Chinese consumers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 185(C).
- Faiq Aziz & Ahmad Aizuddin Md Rami & Zeinab Zaremohzzabieh & Seyedali Ahrari, 2021. "Effects of Emotions and Ethics on Pro-Environmental Behavior of University Employees: A Model Based on the Theory of Planned Behavior," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(13), pages 1-17, June.
More about this item
Keywordswaste disposal in public open space; waste collection service; psychological factor; questionnaire survey; path analysis; hypothetical model;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:6:p:1518-:d:213448. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.