Indigenous Knowledge Systems and Conservation of Settled Territories in the Bolivian Amazon
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerald C. Nelson & Daniel Hellerstein, 1997.
"Do Roads Cause Deforestation? Using Satellite Images in Econometric Analysis of Land Use,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 80-88.
- Nelson, Gerald & Hellerstein, Daniel, 1997. "Do roads cause deforestation? Using satellite images in econometric analysis of land use," MPRA Paper 25261, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schroeder, Heike & González P., Nidia C., 2019. "Bridging knowledge divides: The case of indigenous ontologies of territoriality and REDD+," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 198-206.
- Sandra Brown & Myrna Hall & Ken Andrasko & Fernando Ruiz & Walter Marzoli & Gabriela Guerrero & Omar Masera & Aaron Dushku & Ben DeJong & Joseph Cornell, 2007. "Baselines for land-use change in the tropics: application to avoided deforestation projects," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 1001-1026, July.
- Yang Xiao & Qinli Xiong & Kaiwen Pan, 2018. "What Is Left for Our Next Generation? Integrating Ecosystem Services into Regional Policy Planning in the Three Gorges Reservoir Area of China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-12, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- María Jesús Montero Burgos & Hipólito Sanchiz Álvarez de Toledo & Roberto Alonso González Lezcano & Antonio Galán de Mera, 2020. "The Sedentary Process and the Evolution of Energy Consumption in Eight Native American Dwellings: Analyzing Sustainability in Traditional Architecture," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-28, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carrión-Flores, Carmen E. & Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso & Guci, Ledia, 2018. "An estimator for discrete-choice models with spatial lag dependence using large samples, with an application to land-use conversions," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 77-93.
- Allen Blackman & Beatriz Ávalos-Sartorio & Jeffrey Chow, 2012. "Land Cover Change in Agroforestry: Shade Coffee in El Salvador," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(1), pages 75-101.
- Alessandro De Pinto & Gerald C. Nelson, 2007.
"Modelling Deforestation and Land‐Use Change: Sparse Data Environments,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 502-516, September.
- De Pinto, Alessandro & Nelson, Gerald C., 2006. "Modeling Deforestation and Land Use Change: Sparse Data Environments," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25723, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nelson, Gerald C. & Geoghegan, Jacqueline, 2002. "Deforestation and land use change: sparse data environments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 201-216, November.
- Elena G. Irwin & Andrew M. Isserman & Maureen Kilkenny & Mark D. Partridge, 2010. "A Century of Research on Rural Development and Regional Issues," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(2), pages 522-553.
- Claudio Ferraz, 2015. "Explaining Agriculture Expansion and Deforestation: Evidence from the Brazilian Amazon – 1980/98," Discussion Papers 0106, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2005. "Frontier Expansion and Economic Development," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(2), pages 286-303, April.
- Muller, Daniel & Zeller, Manfred, 2002. "Land use dynamics in the central highlands of Vietnam: a spatial model combining village survey data with satellite imagery interpretation," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 333-354, November.
- Elena G. Irwin, 2010. "New Directions For Urban Economic Models Of Land Use Change: Incorporating Spatial Dynamics And Heterogeneity," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 65-91, February.
- Lichun Xiong & Chang Yu & Martin De Jong & Fengting Wang & Baodong Cheng, 2017. "Economic Transformation in the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region: Is It Undergoing the Environmental Kuznets Curve?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-15, May.
- Pender, John & Jagger, Pamela & Nkonya, Ephraim & Sserunkuuma, Dick, 2004. "Development Pathways and Land Management in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 767-792, May.
- Parker, Dawn C. & Munroe, Darla K., 2007. "The geography of market failure: Edge-effect externalities and the location and production patterns of organic farming," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 821-833, February.
- Hofstad, Ole & Araya, Meley Mekonen, 2015. "Optimal wood harvest in miombo woodland considering REDD+payments — A case study at Kitulangalo Forest Reserve, Tanzania," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 9-16.
- Marcellus Caldas & Robert Walker & Stephen Perz, 2002. "Small Producer Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon: Integrating Household Structure and Economic Circumstance in Behavioral Explanation," CID Working Papers 96, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Viorel Blujdea & David Bird & Gerald Kapp & Martin Burian & Ilie Nuta & Liviu Ciuvat, 2011. "Robinia pseudoacacia stump feature based methodology for in situ forest degradation assessment," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 463-476, April.
- Raja Chakir & Thibault Laurent & Anne Ruiz-Gazen & Christine Thomas-Agnan & Céline Vignes, 2017.
"Prédiction de l’usage des sols sur un zonage régulier à différentes résolutions et à partir de covariables facilement accessibles,"
Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 68(3), pages 435-469.
- Chakir, Raja & Laurent, Thibault & Ruiz-Gazen, Anne & Thomas-Agnan, Christine & Vignes, Céline, 2017. "Prédiction de l’usage des sols sur un zonage régulier à différentes résolutions et à partir de covariables facilement accessibles," TSE Working Papers 17-769, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Sonia Schwartz & Johanna Choumert-Nkolo & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Éric Nazindigouba Kere, 2019. "On the optimal setting of protected areas," Working Papers halshs-02082753, HAL.
- He, Guojun & Xie, Yang & Zhang, Bing, 2020. "Expressways, GDP, and the environment: The case of China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(C).
- Guojun He & Yang Xie & Bing Zhang, 2017. "Balancing Development and the Environment in a Changing World: Expressways, GDP, and Pollution in China," HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series 2017-43, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Aug 2017.
- Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Hewitt, Julie A. & Vance, Colin, 2003. "Time Series Analysis Of Satellite Data: Deforestation In Southern Mexico," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22123, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsOrigin Farmer Indigenous Territory; Bolivian Amazon; Indigenous versus non-indigenous land-use; land use change;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:21:p:6099-:d:282855. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.