Does the Fed's new policy of immediate disclosure affect the market?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Smirlock, Michael J & Yawitz, Jess B, 1985. " Asset Returns, Discount Rate Changes, and Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1141-1158, September.
- Cook, Timothy & Hahn, Thomas, 1988. "The Information Content of Discount Rate Announcements and Their Effect on Market Interest Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 167-180, May.
- Feinman, Joshua N, 1993. "Estimating the Open Market Desk's Daily Reaction Function," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 231-247, May.
- Joel T. Krueger & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1996.
"The Fed funds futures rate as a predictor of federal reserve policy,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 865-879, December.
- Joel T. Krueger & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1995. "The Fed funds futures rate as a predictor of Federal Reserve policy," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 95-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-574, September.
- V. Vance Roley & Gordon H. Sellon, 1995. "Monetary policy actions and long-term interest rates," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 73-89.
- Goodfriend, Marvin, 1986. "Monetary mystique: Secrecy and central banking," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 63-92, January.
- John B. Carlson & Jean M. McIntire & James B. Thomson, 1995. "Federal funds futures as an indicator of future monetary policy: a primer," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 20-30.
- Michael T. Belongia & Kevin L. Kliesen, 1994. "Effects On Interest Rates Of Immediately Releasing Fomc Directives," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(4), pages 79-91, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeff Moore & Richard Austin, 2002. "The behavior of federal funds futures prices over the monetary policy cycle," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 45-61.
- Andreas M. Fischer, 2000. "Do Interventions Smooth Interest Rates?," Working Papers 00.04, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:597-617 is not listed on IDEAS
- Don Bredin & Gerard O’Reilly & Simon Stevenson, 2007. "Monetary Shocks and REIT Returns," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 315-331, October.
- Don Bredin & Caroline Gavin & Gerard O Reilly, 2003.
"The Influence of Domestic and International Interest Rates on the ISEQ,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(3), pages 249-265.
- Bredin, Don & Gavin, Caroline & O'Reilly, Gerard, 2003. "The Influence of Domestic and International Interest Rates on the ISEQ," Research Technical Papers 9/RT/03, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Antulio N. Bomfim, 2000. "Pre-announcement effects, news, and volatility: monetary policy and the stock market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Söderström, Ulf, 1999.
"Predicting monetary policy using federal funds future prices,"
Working Paper Series
85, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Söderström, Ulf, 1999. "Predicting monetary policy using federal funds futures prices," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 307, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Aleksandar Murdzhev & Marc Tomljanovich, 2006. "What Color is Alan Greenspan's Tie? How Central Bank Policy Announcements Have Changed Financial Markets," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 571-593, Fall.
- VanHoose, David D. & Humphrey, David B., 2001. "Sweep accounts, reserve management, and interest rate volatility1," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 387-404.
- V. Vance Roley & Gordon H. Sellon, 1998. "Market reaction to monetary policy nonannouncements," Research Working Paper 98-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Toni Gravelle & Richhild Moessner, 2001. "Reactions of Canadian Interest Rates to Macroeconomic Announcements: Implications for Monetary Policy Transparency," Staff Working Papers 01-5, Bank of Canada.
- Bomfim, Antulio N., 2003. "Pre-announcement effects, news effects, and volatility: Monetary policy and the stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 133-151, January.
More about this item
KeywordsFederal Open Market Committee ; Financial markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1996:i:nov:p:77-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.