Data Breach Notification Laws
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard J. Sullivan, 2014. "Controlling security risk and fraud in payment systems," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 5-36.
- Sasha Romanosky & Rahul Telang & Alessandro Acquisti, 2011. "Do data breach disclosure laws reduce identity theft?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(2), pages 256-286, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Amalia R. Miller & Catherine Tucker, 2017.
"Frontiers of Health Policy: Digital Data and Personalized Medicine,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 49-75.
- Amalia R. Miller & Catherine Tucker, 2016. "Frontiers of Health Policy: Digital Data and Personalized Medicine," NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 17, pages 49-75, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravi Bapna & Jui Ramaprasad & Galit Shmueli & Akhmed Umyarov, 2016. "One-Way Mirrors in Online Dating: A Randomized Field Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(11), pages 3100-3122, November.
- Saim Kashmiri & Cameron Duncan Nicol & Liwu Hsu, 2017. "Birds of a feather: intra-industry spillover of the Target customer data breach and the shielding role of IT, marketing, and CSR," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 208-228, March.
- Chul Ho Lee & Xianjun Geng & Srinivasan Raghunathan, 2016. "Mandatory Standards and Organizational Information Security," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 70-86, March.
- Narendra Sharma & Ebere A. Oriaku & Ngozi Oriaku, 2020. "Cost and Effects of Data Breaches, Precautions, and Disclosure Laws," International Journal of Emerging Trends in Social Sciences, Scientific Publishing Institute, vol. 8(1), pages 33-41.
- Ginger Zhe Jin, 2018. "Artificial Intelligence and Consumer Privacy," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Artificial Intelligence: An Agenda, pages 439-462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua A. Gerlick & Stephan M. Liozu, 2020. "Ethical and legal considerations of artificial intelligence and algorithmic decision-making in personalized pricing," Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(2), pages 85-98, April.
- Vyacheslav Mikhed & Michael Vogan, 2017. "How Data Breaches Affect Consumer Credit," Working Papers 17-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Qian Tang & Andrew B. Whinston, 2020. "Do Reputational Sanctions Deter Negligence in Information Security Management? A Field Quasi‐Experiment," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 29(2), pages 410-427, February.
- Mikhed, Vyacheslav & Vogan, Michael, 2018. "How data breaches affect consumer credit," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 192-207.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Privacy Regulation and Online Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Hui, Kai-Lung & Zhou, Jiali, 2020. "The Economics of Hacking," MPRA Paper 102706, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Curtis Taylor & Liad Wagman, 2016. "The Economics of Privacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(2), pages 442-492, June.
- Brenčič, Vera, 2014. "Search online: Evidence from acquisition of information on online job boards and resume banks," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 112-125.
- Mothobi, Onkokame, 2022. "The impact of telecommunication regulatory policy on mobile retail price in Sub-Saharan African countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C).
More about this item
KeywordsIdentity Theft; Data Breaches; Breach Notification; Payment Fraud;
All these keywords.
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:00037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Lu Dayrit (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.