Policymaking under uncertainty: Gradualism and robustness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stan Žaković & Volker Wieland & Berc Rustem, 2007.
"Stochastic Optimization and Worst-Case Analysis in Monetary Policy Design,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(4), pages 329-347, November.
- S. Zakovic & V. Wieland & B. Rustem, 2004. "Stochastic Optimisation and Worst Case Analysis in Monetary Policy Design," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 213, Society for Computational Economics.
- Rustem, Berc & Wieland, Volker & Zakovic, Stan, 2005. "Stochastic optimization and worst-case analysis in monetary policy design," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/14, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Rustem, Berc & Wieland, Volker & Zakovic, Stan, 2005. "Stochastic Optimization and Worst Case Analysis in Monetary Policy Design," CEPR Discussion Papers 5019, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Epstein, Larry G. & Schneider, Martin, 2003. "Recursive multiple-priors," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 1-31, November.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2007:i:oct19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manski, Charles F., 2000. "Identification problems and decisions under ambiguity: Empirical analysis of treatment response and normative analysis of treatment choice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 415-442, April.
- Christopher A. Sims, 2001. "Pitfalls of a Minimax Approach to Model Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 51-54, May.
- Maccheroni, Fabio & Marinacci, Massimo & Rustichini, Aldo, 2006. "Dynamic variational preferences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 4-44, May.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2007. "Monetary policy under uncertainty," Speech 327, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Giannoni, Marc P., 2002. "Does Model Uncertainty Justify Caution? Robust Optimal Monetary Policy In A Forward-Looking Model," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 111-144, February.
- Daniel Ellsberg, 1961. "Risk, Ambiguity, and the Savage Axioms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(4), pages 643-669.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Ellison & Thomas J. Sargent, 2012. "A Defense Of The Fomc," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1047-1065, November.
- Julian A. Parra & Carmiña O. Vargas, 2014.
"Changes in GDP’s measurement error volatility and response of the monetary policy rate: Two approaches,"
Ensayos sobre Política Económica,
Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 32(75), pages 41-47, December.
- Julian A. Parra-Polania & Carmiña O. Vargas, 2014. "Changes in GDP’s measurement error volatility and response of the monetary policy rate: Two approaches," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 32(75), pages 41-47, December.
- Julian A. Parra-Polania & Carmiña O. Vargas, 2014. "Changes in GDP’s measurement error volatility and response of the monetary policy rate: two approaches," Borradores de Economia 814, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Julian A. Parra-Polania & Carmiña O. Vargas, 2014. "Changes in GDP’s measurement error volatility and response of the monetary policy rate: two approaches," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 011146, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Karantounias, Anastasios G., 2013. "Managing pessimistic expectations and fiscal policy," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 8(1), January.
- repec:ijc:ijcjou:y:2017:q:3:a:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saleem Bahaj & Angus Foulis, 2017. "Macroprodential Policy under Uncertainty," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 13(3), pages 119-154, September.
- Gadi Barlevy, 2011. "Robustness and Macroeconomic Policy," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, September.
- Ferrière, Axelle & Karantounias, Anastasios G., 2016. "Fiscal austerity in ambiguous times," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2016-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Gerke, Rafael & Hammermann, Felix & Lewis, Vivien, 2012.
"Robust monetary policy in a model with financial distress,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 318-325.
- R. Gerke & F. Hammermann & V. Lewis, 2011. "Robust Monetary Policy in a Model with Financial Distress," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/767, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Christian Aubin & Ibrahima Diouf & Dominique Pepin, 2010. "Inertie De La Politique Monétaire Dans La Zone Euro : Le Rôle De L'Hétérogénéité," Post-Print hal-00960030, HAL.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J., 2015. "Four types of ignorance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 97-113.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:2009:i:qii:p:38-55:n:v.33no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.