Evolving operational risk management for retail payments
Payment systems are an integral part component of banking that is undergoing material change. Industry trends and discussions with key banking personnel highlighted four issues that are top concerns for banks engaged in emerging payments: changing delivery channels and safeguards, fraud, vendor and oversight, and operational risk measurement and reporting. While risk management practices are evolving to meet current and emerging risks, bank management should increase their effort to make sure the overall risk is reported to senior management and Directorates.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 834, 230 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60690-0834|
Web page: http://www.chicagofed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.chicagofed.org/webpages/publications/print_publication_order_form.cfm Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geoffrey R. Gerdes & Jack K. Walton, 2002. "The use of checks and other noncash payment instruments in the United States," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Aug, pages 360-374.
- JAMES J. McANDREWS, 1999. "E-Money And Payment System Risks," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(3), pages 348-357, 07.
- Tara Rice & Kristin Stanton, 2003. "Estimating the volume of payments-driven revenues," Emerging Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sujit Chakravorti & Emery Kobor, 2003. "Why invest in payment innovations?," Emerging Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jun.
- Terri Bradford & Matt Davies & Stuart E. Weiner, 2002. "Nonbanks in the payments system," Payments System Research Working Paper PSR WP 02-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- William Roberds, 1998. "The impact of fraud on new methods of retail payment," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 1, pages 42-52.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhei:y:2003:n:eps-2003-1e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.