On the Use of Differing Money Transmission Methods by Mexican Immigrants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Durand & William Kandel & Emilio Parrado & Douglas Massey, 1996. "International migration and development in mexican communities," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(2), pages 249-264, May.
- Elizabeth Handlin & Margrethe Krontoft & William A. Testa, 2002. "Remittances and the unbanked," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar.
- Alejandra Cox Edwards & Manuelita Ureta, 2003. "International Migration, Remittances, and Schooling: Evidence from El Salvador," NBER Working Papers 9766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Anthony M. Santomero & John J. Seater, 1996.
"Alternative monies and the demand for media of exchange,"
Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 942-964.
- Santomero, Anthony M & Seater, John J, 1996. "Alternative Monies and the Demand for Media of Exchange," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 942-960, November.
- Anthony M. Santomero & John J. Seater, 1995. "Alternative Monies and the Demand for Media of Exchange," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Edwards, Alejandra Cox & Ureta, Manuelita, 2003. "International migration, remittances, and schooling: evidence from El Salvador," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 429-461, December.
- Geoffrey R. Gerdes & Jack K. Walton, 2002. "The use of checks and other noncash payment instruments in the United States," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), vol. 88(Aug), pages 360-374, August.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittances as insurance: evidence from Mexican immigrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 227-254, June.
- Shy, Oz & Tarkka, Juha, 2002. "The Market for Electronic Cash Cards," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 299-314, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kosse, Anneke & Vermeulen, Robert, 2014.
"Migrants’ Choice of Remittance Channel: Do General Payment Habits Play a Role?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 213-227.
- Anneke Kosse & Robert Vermeulen, 2013. "Migrants' Choice of Remittance Channel: Do General Payment Habits Play a Role?," DNB Working Papers 375, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Kosse, Anneke & Vermeulen, Robert, 2014. "Migrants' choice of remittance channel: Do general payment habits play a role?," Working Paper Series 1683, European Central Bank.
- de Haas, Hein, 2009. "Mobility and Human Development," MPRA Paper 19176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simeon Karafolas & George Konteos, 2010. "Choice of Money Transfer Methods in the Case of Albanian Immigrants in Greece," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 16(4), pages 962-978, February.
- Mohammad Joarder & Uddin Saleh, 2010. "Estimating the economic model of Hundi using micro-level data," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 61-75, June.
- Simeon Karafolas & Nikolaos Sariannidis, 2009. "The Banking Network as a Transmission Channel of Migrant Remittances: The Case of Greek and Italian Banks in Albania," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 15(4), pages 674-684, February.
- Raúl Hernández-Coss, 2005. "The U.S.–Mexico Remittance Corridor : Lessons on Shifting from Informal to Formal Transfer Systems," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7322, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Mazzolari, Francesca, 2010.
"Remittances to Latin America from migrants in the United States: Assessing the impact of amnesty programs,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 323-335, March.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Mazzolari, Francesca, 2009. "Remittances to Latin America from Migrants in the United States: Assessing the Impact of Amnesty Programs," IZA Discussion Papers 4318, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kazi Abdul, Mannan & Gin Kok, Wei, 2007. "Who Remits? The Case of Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 104116, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Cornelia Serena, PASCA, 2016. "Monetary Remittance - Romania Case Study," Contemporary Economy Journal, Constantin Brancoveanu University, vol. 1(3), pages 50-59.
- Dean Yang, 2008. "International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants’ Exchange Rate Shocks," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, April.
- Dean Yang, 2008.
"International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, April.
- Dean Yang, 2006. "International Migration, Remittances, and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks," NBER Working Papers 12325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Flippo, Behnaz, 2009. "A Literature Review: Migration and Remittances," MPRA Paper 104877, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Puja Guha, 2014. "Economics of Migration and Remittances: A Review Article," Working Papers id:5618, eSocialSciences.
- Antonella, Barbarito, 2013. "Migration, Remittances and Development: A Literature Review," MPRA Paper 104715, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Miftah, Amal, 2014. "Les transferts de fonds réduisent-ils la pauvreté et les inégalités de revenus? Une vérification empirique à travers une enquête dans le milieu rural marocain [Remittances, Poverty and Income Inequ," MPRA Paper 57052, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael, Owiso, 2008. "Literature Review: Migration, Remittances and Development," MPRA Paper 104988, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Dean Yang, 2009. "International Migration and Human Development," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-29, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Jul 2009.
- Zakiyyah, Varachia, 2018. "Literature Review of Migration and Development," MPRA Paper 106444, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2018.
- Masamune Iwasawa & Mitsuo Inada & Seiichi Fukui, 2014. "How Migrant Heterogeneity Influences the Effect of Remittances on Educational Expenditure:Empirical Evidence from the Cambodian Socio-Economic Survey," KIER Working Papers 898, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Chrząstowska, Bożena, 2010. "Migration and Remittances: A Literature Review on Remittance Behaviour," MPRA Paper 104690, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Akasaka, Shintaro, 2016. "Theoretical Review of Migration and Development," MPRA Paper 106364, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Vitalievna Lebedeva, Elena, 2012. "Migration and Development: A Comprehensive Literature Review," MPRA Paper 104373, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Köllner, Sebastian, 2013. "Remittances and educational attainment: Evidence from Tajikistan," Discussion Paper Series 124, Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg, Chair of Economic Order and Social Policy.
- David, Blight, 2017. "Literature Review on International Migration: Development Perspectives," MPRA Paper 106312, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
- Binhan Elif, Yilmaz, 2010. "Stability, Cyclicality and Sustainability of Migration: A Literature Review," MPRA Paper 104258, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Zakiyyah, Varachia, 2019. "Dynamics and Sustainability of International Migration and Development Nexus," MPRA Paper 106456, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2019.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational remittances; money transmission methods; mexican immigrants.;
All these keywords.
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2004-03-07 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cea:doctra:e2004_06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Susana Mérida) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Susana Mérida to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fcanges.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.