Gap management: managing interest rate risk in banks and thrifts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weil, Roman L, 1973. "Macaulay's Duration: An Appreciation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(4), pages 589-592, October.
- Hopewell, Michael H & Kaufman, George G, 1973. "Bond Price Volatility and Term to Maturity: A Generalized Respecification," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 749-753, September.
- Adrian W. Throop, 1981. "Interest rate forecasts and market efficiency," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 29-43.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Gilkeson & Sylvia Hudgins & Craig Ruff, 1997. "Testing the effectiveness of regulatory interest rate risk measurement," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 21(2), pages 27-37, June.
- Jin-Chuan, Duan & Moreau, Arthur F. & Sealey, C. W., 1995. "Deposit insurance and bank interest rate risk: Pricing and regulatory implications," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1091-1108, September.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & Beatty, Anne & Bettinghaus, Bruce, 2004. "Evidence on the efficacy of interest-rate risk disclosures by commercial banks," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 223-251.
- Michael T. Belongia & G. J. Santoni, 1987. "Interest Rate Risk, Market Value, And Hedging Financial Portfolios," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 10(1), pages 47-55, March.
- Duan, J. & Sealey, C. W. & Yan, Y., 1999. "Managing banks' duration gaps when interest rates are stochastic and equity has limited liability," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 253-265, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBank profits ; Asset-liability management ; Interest rates ; Risk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfer:y:1983:i:spr:p:20-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.