Financial institutions and the collapse of real estate markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stuart A. Gabriel, 1987. "Housing and mortgage markets: the post-1982 expansion," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Dec, pages 893-903.
- J. E. Morton, 1956. "Introduction to "Urban Mortgage Lending: Comparative Markets and Experience"," NBER Chapters,in: Urban Mortgage Lending: Comparative Markets and Experience, pages 1-13 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. E. Morton, 1956. "Urban Mortgage Lending: Comparative Markets and Experience," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number mort56-1, April.
- Hunter, William C & Timme, Stephen G, 1991. "Technological Change in Large U.S. Commercial Banks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(3), pages 339-362, July.
- Donald D. Hester, 1981. "Innovations and Monetary Control," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(1), pages 141-200.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Weil, David N., 1989.
"The baby boom, the baby bust, and the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 235-258, May.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David N. Weil, 1988. "The Baby Boom, The Baby Bust, and the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 2794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ausubel, Lawrence M, 1991. "The Failure of Competition in the Credit Card Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 50-81, March.
- C. Alan Garner, 1992. "Will the real price of housing drop sharply in the 1990s?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 55-68.
- Gary Gorton & Richard J. Rosen, 1991. "Overcapacity and exit from banking," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John H. Boyd & Mark Gertler, 1993.
"U.S. Commercial Banking: Trends, Cycles, and Policy,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1993, Volume 8, pages 319-377
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John H. Boyd & Mark Gertler, 1993. "U.S. Commercial Banking: Trends, Cycles, and Policy," NBER Working Papers 4404, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boyd, J.H. & Gertler, M., 1993. "U.S. Commercial Banking: Trends, Cycles, and Policy," Working Papers 93-19, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Yang-Cheng Lu & Hao Fang & Shu-Lien Chang, 2013. "History of Credit Crisis as a Mirror: An International Perspective on the Impact of the Sub-Prime Crisis on the Performance of Investment and Commercial Banks," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 67-81, December.
- Ebrahim, M. Shahid, 2009.
"Can an Islamic model of housing finance cooperative elevate the economic status of the underprivileged?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 864-883, December.
- M. Shahid Ebrahim, 2008. "Can an Islamic Model of Housing Finance Cooperative Elevate the Economic Status of the Underprivileged?," Papers on Economics of Religion 08/04, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- M. Shahid Ebrahim, 2009. "Can an Islamic Model of Housing Finance Cooperative Elevate the Economic Status of the Underprivileged?," Post-Print hal-00723634, HAL.
- Elijah Brewer & William E. Jackson, 2002. "Inter-industry contagion and the competitive effects of financial distress announcements: evidence from commercial banks and life insurance companies," Working Paper Series WP-02-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Cole, Rebel A. & Fenn, George W., 1996. "The role of commercial real estate investments in the banking crisis of 1985-92," MPRA Paper 24692, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Nov 2008.
- Hester,D.D., 2002. "U.S. banking in the last fifty years : growth and adaptation," Working papers 19, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
More about this item
KeywordsReal property ; Mortgages ; Financial institutions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbcp:y:1992:p:114-150:n:36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.