The market for home mortgage credit: recent changes and future prospects
Three major changes occurred during the 1980s in the market for home mortgage credit; the securitization of fixed-rate mortgages, the development of a national primary market for adjustable-rate mortgages, and the decimation of the saving and loan industry. These changes and their impacts on various financial industries and homebuyers are the subjects of this paper. I also briefly speculate about likely future changes in this market.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): (1992)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 442, St. Louis, MO 63166|
Web page: http://www.stlouisfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael O'Keefe & Robert Order, 1990. "Mortgage Pricing: Some Provisional Empirical Results," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 313-322.
- Joe Peek, 1990. "A call to ARMs: adjustable rate mortgages in the 1980s," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 47-61.
- Hendershott, Patric H. & Van Order, Robert, 1989.
"Integration of mortgage and capital markets and the accumulation of residential capital,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 189-210, May.
- Patric H. Hendershott & Robert Van Order, 1989. "Integration of Mortgage and Capital Markets and the Accumulation of Residential Capital," NBER Working Papers 2847, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David F. Seiders, 1983. "Mortgage Pass-Through Securities: Progress and Prospects," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 11(2), pages 264-287. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)