Bank Portfolio Structure and Economic Absorption Theory of Economic Development: A Theoretical Proposition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marco Pagano, 2013.
"Finance: Economic Lifeblood or Toxin?,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Viral V Acharya & Thorsten Beck & Douglas D Evanoff & George G Kaufman & Richard Portes (ed.), The Social Value of the Financial Sector Too Big to Fail or Just Too Big?, chapter 8, pages 109-146,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Marco Pagano, 2012. "Finance: Economic Lifeblood or Toxin?," CSEF Working Papers 326, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Marco Pagano, 2013. "Finance - Economic Lifeblood or Toxin?," EIEF Working Papers Series 1309, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Apr 2013.
- Roy Stein, 2016. "Review of the Reference Rate in Israel: Telbor and Makam Markets," Bank of Israel Working Papers 2016.12, Bank of Israel.
- Felix Rioja & Neven Valev, 2004.
"Finance and the Sources of Growth at Various Stages of Economic Development,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 127-140, January.
- Neven Valev & Felix Rioja, 2002. "Finance and the Sources of Growth at Various Stages of Economic Development," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0217, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Perera, N. & Paudel, R.C., 2009. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Sri Lanka," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Ross Levine & Norman Loayza & Thorsten Beck, 2002.
"Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.),Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 2, pages 031-084,
Central Bank of Chile.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 2000. "Financial intermediation and growth: Causality and causes," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 31-77, August.
- Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman & Beck, Thorsten, 1999. "Financial intermediation and growth : Causality and causes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2059, The World Bank.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine & Norman Loayza, 1999. "Financial Intermediation and Growth: Causality and Causes," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 56, Central Bank of Chile.
- Pradhan, Rudra P. & Arvin, Mak B. & Nair, Mahendhiran & Bennett, Sara E. & Hall, John H., 2018. "The dynamics between energy consumption patterns, financial sector development and economic growth in Financial Action Task Force (FATF) countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 42-53.
- Tronzano, Marco, 2011. "“Finance and Growth: A Reassessment of the Empirical Evidence for the Indian Economy” - Finanza e crescita: un riesame dell’evidenza empirica nel caso dell’India," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 64(3), pages 329-364.
- Razzak, Weshah, 2017. "International Productivity Growth Differentials Sectoral Analysis and Missing Productivity," MPRA Paper 84967, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Mar 2018.
- Taha Chaiechi, 2012. "Financial Development and Economic Growth through a Post-Keynesian Lens: Hong Kong Case Study," Chapters, in: Claude Gnos & Louis-Philippe Rochon & Domenica Tropeano (ed.), Employment, Growth and Development, chapter 10, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pranab Kumar Das & Bhaswati Ganguli & Sugata Marjit & Sugata Sen Roy, 2018.
"The Dynamics of Finance-Growth-Inequality Nexus: Theory and Evidence for India,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Pranab Kumar Das & Bhaswati Ganguli & Sugata Marjit & Sugata Sen Roy, 2018. "The dynamics of finance-growth-inequality nexus: Theory and evidence for India," Discussion Papers 2018-08, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Pranab Kumar Das & Bhaswati Ganguli & Sugata Marjit & Sugata Sen Roy, 2018. "The dynamics of finance-growth-inequality nexus: Theory and Evidence for India," Discussion Papers Series 593, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Razzak, Weshah & El Bentour, M, 2020.
"The Transitional Dynamic of Finance Led Growth,"
98482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weshah Razzak & E. M. Bentour, 2020. "The Transitional Dynamic of Finance Led Growth," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2020/05, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- El Mostafa Bentour & Weshah A. Razzak, 2020. "The transitional dynamic of finance led growth," Post-Print halshs-03007810, HAL.
- Weshah Razzak & El Mostafa Bentour, 2020. "The Transitional Dynamic of Finance Led Growth," Discussion Papers 2001, School of Economics and Finance, Massey University, New Zealand.
- El Mostafa Bentour & Weshah A. Razzak, 2020. "The transitional dynamic of finance led growth," Working Papers halshs-03007743, HAL.
- Florent DEISTING & Farid MAKHLOUF & Groupe ESC Pau & Adil NAAMANE, 2011.
"Développement financier, flux financiers et croissance économique,"
1504, Groupe ESC Pau, Research Department, revised Dec 2011.
- Florent Deisting & Farid Makhlouf & Adil Naamane, 2012. "Développement financier, flux financiers et croissance économique," Working Papers hal-01885156, HAL.
- Farid MAKHLOUF & Florent DEISTING & Adil NAAMANE, 2012. "Développement financier, flux financiers et croissance économique," Working Papers 2011-2012_10, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jun 2012.
- Giancarlo Bertocco, 2009.
"The Relationship Between Saving and Credit from a Schumpeterian Perspective,"
Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 607-640.
- Bertocco Giancarlo, 2007. "The relationship between saving and credit from a Schumpeterian perspective," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf07013, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Wenli Cheng, 2007. "Financial Intermediation, Entrepreneurship And Economic Growth," Monash Economics Working Papers 18-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Muhammad Shahbaz, 2013. "Financial Development, Economics Growth, Income Inequality Nexus: A Case Study of Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 1(3), pages 24-47, March.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934, Elsevier.
- Majumder, Md. Alauddin & Eff, E. Anthon, 2012. "The link between economic growth and financial development: Evidence from districts of Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 44122, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nazmi, Nader, 2005. "Deregulation, financial deepening and economic growth: The case of Latin America," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 447-459, May.
- Gidigbi, Matthew, 2019. "Re-examining the link between financial structure and economic growth in Nigeria: An empirical investigation," BizEcons Quarterly, Strides Educational Foundation, vol. 5, pages 3-21.
- Gehringer, Agnieszka, 2013. "Financial liberalization, financial development and productivity growth: An overview," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-46, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:exp:finnce:v:4:y:2016:i:1:p:44-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://finance.expertjournals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alin Opreana The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Alin Opreana to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://finance.expertjournals.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.