The Risks of Intuition: Size, Costs and Economies of Scale in Local Government
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Michael Chisholm, 2010. "Emerging realities of local government reorganization," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 143-150, May.
- Howard Elcock & John Fenwick & Janice McMillan, 2010. "The reorganization addiction in local government: unitary councils for England," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(6), pages 331-338, November.
- D N King, 1994. "A Model of Optimum Local Authority Size," Working Papers Series 94/1, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:105:y:2011:i:02:p:238-258_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- David N King & Yue Ma, 2000. "Local authority size in theory and practice," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(3), pages 255-270, June.
- Christopher Pollitt, 2009. "Structural change and public service performance: international lessons?," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(5), pages 285-291, September.
- Special Group on Public Service Numbers & Colm McCarthy & Donal McNally & Pat McLaughlin & Maurice O'Connell & William Slattery & Mary Walsh, 2009. "Report of the Special Group on Public Service Numbers and Expenditure Programmes," Open Access publications 10197/1257, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Considine John & Reidy Theresa, 2015. "Baby steps: The expanding financial base of local government in Ireland," Administration, Sciendo, vol. 63(2), pages 119-145, August.
More about this item
Keywordslocal government; economies of scale;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:45:y:2014:i:3:p:371-403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.