The Impact of the Europeanization Process on State-Industry Interaction in Romania
This article argues that potential EU membership can function as a powerful impulse for the modernization of the economic, political and social systems of candidate countries. To illustrate this, evidence of the transformations of the Romanian state-societal interactions in the transition period are discussed, with special focus on privatization, enterprise restructuring and competition policy. The article also explains why the Europeanization process has so far worked more slowly and less effectively in Romania than in other Central and Eastern European countries. This analysis could be used as a learning experience for prospective EU members to adjust to the European environment.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Radealli, Claudio M., 2000. "Whither Europeanization? Concept stretching and substantive change," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 4, 07.
- John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, .
"Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
jse20024, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Earle, John S. & Telegdy, Almos, 2002. "Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 657-682, December.
- John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2002. "Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 02-81, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Ileana Tache & Dorin Lixandroiu, 2006. "Rent Seeking Behavior in Transition Countries: The Case of Romania," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(3), pages 395-407, August.
- E. Thalassinos, 2007. "Trade Regionalization, Exchange Rate Policies and EU-US Economic Cooperation," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 111-118.
- Robert Ladrech, 1994. "Europeanization of Domestic Politics and Institutions: The Case of France," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 69-88, 03.
- Eleftherios THALASSINOS, 2008. "Trends and Developments in the European Financial Sector," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2008(3), pages 44-61.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:journl:v:xii:y:2009:i:1:p:17-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.