The Impact of the Europeanization Process on State-Industry Interaction in Romania
This article argues that potential EU membership can function as a powerful impulse for the modernization of the economic, political and social systems of candidate countries. To illustrate this, evidence of the transformations of the Romanian state-societal interactions in the transition period are discussed, with special focus on privatization, enterprise restructuring and competition policy. The article also explains why the Europeanization process has so far worked more slowly and less effectively in Romania than in other Central and Eastern European countries. This analysis could be used as a learning experience for prospective EU members to adjust to the European environment.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Ladrech, 1994. "Europeanization of Domestic Politics and Institutions: The Case of France," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 69-88, 03.
- Radealli, Claudio M., 2000. "Whither Europeanization? Concept stretching and substantive change," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 4, 07.
- Earle, John S. & Telegdy, Almos, 2002.
"Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 657-682, December.
- John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, 2002. "Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 02-81, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John S. Earle & Almos Telegdy, . "Privatization Methods and Productivity Effects in Romanian Industrial Enterprises," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles jse20024, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:12:y:2006:i:3:p:395-407 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eleftherios THALASSINOS, 2008. "Trends and Developments in the European Financial Sector," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2008(3), pages 44-61.
- E. Thalassinos, 2007. "Trade Regionalization, Exchange Rate Policies and EU-US Economic Cooperation," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 111-118.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:journl:v:xii:y:2009:i:1:p:17-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.