Banks’ Domestic & Cross-border M&As: Where Can They Go Wrong?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Claeys, Sophie & Hainz, Christa, 2006.
"Acquisition versus greenfield: The impact of the mode of foreign bank entry on information and bank lending rates,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
182, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Claeys, Sophie & Hainz, Christa, 2007. "Acquisition versus greenfield: The impact of the mode of foreign bank entry on information and bank lending rates," Working Paper Series 210, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Claeys, Sophie & Hainz, Christa, 2006. "Acquisition versus greenfield: the impact of the mode of foreign bank entry on information and bank lending rates," Working Paper Series 653, European Central Bank.
- Asimakopoulos, Ioannis & Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Georgiou, Evangelia, 2005. "The effect of M&A announcement on Greek bank stock returns," MPRA Paper 16450, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nikolaos Mylonidis & Ioanna Kelnikola, 2005. "Merging activity in the Greek Banking System: A Financial Accounting Perspective," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 3(1), pages 121-144.
- Halkos, George & Salamouris, Dimitrios, 2001. "Efficiency Measures of the Greek Banking Sector: A Non-Parametric Approach for the Period 1997-1999," MPRA Paper 2858, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Ewerhart & Nuno Cassola & Steen Ejerskov & Natacha Valla, "undated". "Liquidity, Information, and the Overnight Rate," IEW - Working Papers 186, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Stengos, Thanasis & Panas, E, 1992. "Testing the Efficiency of the Athens Stock Exchange: Some Results from the Banking Sector," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 239-252.
- Panagiotis Liargovas & Spyridon Repousis, 2010. "The impact of mergers and acquisitions on the performance of Greek Banking Sector," Working Papers 0051, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Maditinos D. & Theriou N. & Demetriades E., 2009. "The Effect of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Performance of Companies – The Greek Case of Ioniki-Laiki Bank and Pisteos Bank," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(2), pages 111-130.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Brissimis, Sophocles, 2004. "The effect of M&A on bank efficiency in Greece," MPRA Paper 16449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsmergers and acquisitions (M&A); strategy; synergies; market share; financial performance.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erc:cypepr:v:6:y:2012:i:1:p:39-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Shekersavva). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erucycy.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.