Foreign Banks in Eastern Europe: Mode of Entry and Effects on Bank Interest Rates
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sophie Claeys & Christa Hainz, 2006. "Foreign Banks in Eastern Europe: Mode of Entry and Effects on Bank Interest Rates," Chapters,in: Financial Development, Integration and Stability, chapter 17 Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Ongena, Steven, 2005.
"Financial Integration and Entrepreneurial Activity: Evidence from Foreign Bank Entry in Emerging Markets,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5151, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Ongena, Steven, 2005. "Financial integration and entrepreneurial activity: evidence from foreign bank entry in emerging markets," Working Paper Series 498, European Central Bank.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria & Ashoka Mody, 2004.
"How foreign participation and market concentration impact bank spreads: evidence from Latin America,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 511-542.
- Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Mody, Ashoka, 2004. "How Foreign Participation and Market Concentration Impact Bank Spreads: Evidence from Latin America," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 511-537, June.
- Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Mody, Ashoka, 2004. "How foreign participation and market concentration impact bank spreads : evidence from Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3210, The World Bank.
- Majnoni, Giovanni & Shankar, Rashmi & Varhegyi, Eva, 2003. "The dynamics of foreign bank ownership - evidence from Hungary," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3114, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl[iota] & Huizinga, Harry, 2001. "How does foreign entry affect domestic banking markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 891-911, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeon, Bang Nam & Olivero, María Pía & Wu, Ji, 2013.
"Multinational banking and the international transmission of financial shocks: Evidence from foreign bank subsidiaries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 952-972.
- Jeon, Bang & Olivero, María & Wu, Ji, 2012. "Multinational Banking and the International Transmission of Financial Shocks: Evidence from Foreign Bank Subsidiaries," School of Economics Working Paper Series 2012-2, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
- Christophe J. Godlewski & Ydriss Ziane, 2008. "How many banks does it take to lend? Empirical evidence from Europe," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2008-11, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Haselmann, Rainer, 2006. "Strategies of foreign banks in transition economies," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 283-299, December.
- Bang Nam Jeon & Maria Pia Olivero & Ji Wu, 2013. "Multinational Banking and Financial Contagion: Evidence from Foreign Bank Subsidiaries," Working Papers 052013, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Daniel Badulescu & Nicolae Petria, 2010. "Have The Recent Crisis Affected Foreign Banks’ Positions In Central And Eastern Europe? (I – General Overview)," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 406-411, July.
More about this item
KeywordsSME; Banking; Foreign Entry; Mode of Entry; Interest Rate;
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-02-12 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EEC-2006-02-12 (European Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2006-02-12 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-02-12 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-TRA-2006-02-12 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trf:wpaper:95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .