The appraisal of ordinary shares by Chinese financial analysts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moyes, Glen D. & Park, Kyungjoo & Wang, Andrew Minglong & Williams, Patricia A., 1997. "Factors affecting an analyst forecast revision-- Taiwan and the United States: A comparison," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 63-77.
- Richard G. Barker, 1999. "Survey and Market-based Evidence of Industry-dependence in Analysts' Preferences Between the Dividend Yield and Price-earnings Ratio Valuation Models," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3-4), pages 393-418.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 393-408.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- B. Tijjani, 2009. "The appraisal of equity investments by Nigerian investors," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 6-26, March.
- Xiao, Zezhong, 1999. "Corporate disclosures made by Chinese listed companies," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 349-373, August.
- Ding, Yuan & Su, Xijia, 2008. "Implementation of IFRS in a regulated market," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, pages 474-479.
- Groenewold, Nicolaas & Tang, Sam Hak Kan & Wu, Yanrui, 2003. "The efficiency of the Chinese stock market and the role of the banks," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 593-609.
- Bradford Cornell & Richard Roll, 1981. "Strategies for Pairwise Competition in Markets and Organizations," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 201-213, Spring.
- Shahed Imam & Richard Barker & Colin Clubb, 2008. "The Use of Valuation Models by UK Investment Analysts," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 503-535.
- Wong, Michael Chak-sham & Cheung, Yan-Leung, 1999. "The practice of investment management in Hong Kong: market forecasting and stock selection," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 451-465, August.
- Kalok Chan & Albert J. Menkveld & Zhishu Yang, 2008. "Information Asymmetry and Asset Prices: Evidence from the China Foreign Share Discount," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(1), pages 159-196, February.
- Moyes, Glen D. & Saadouni, Brahim & Simon, Jon & Williams, Patricia A., 2001. "A comparison of factors affecting UK and US analyst forecast revisions," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 47-63, February.
- Yuri Biondi & Quisheng Zhang, 2007. "Accounting For the Chinese Context: A Comparative Analysis of International and chinese Accounting Standards Focusing on Business Combination," Post-Print halshs-00203358, HAL.
- Richard Barker, 1999. "The role of dividends in valuation models used by analysts and fund managers," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 195-218.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial analysis; Equity capital; Accounting; Shares; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:arapps:v:19:y:2011:i:1:p:5-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .