In Defense of the Real Bills Doctrine
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226519999 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael D. Bordeo and Anna J. Schwartz, 1995. "The Performance and Stability of Banking Systems under "Self-Regulation": Theory and Evidence," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 14(3), pages 453-479, Winter.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1996.
"Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195101133.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number eich92-1, April.
- David C. Wheelock, 1992. "Monetary policy in the Great Depression: what the Fed did and why," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 3-28.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2002. "Still Fettered After All These Years," NBER Working Papers 9276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Selgin, George A. & White, Lawrence H., 1994. "Monetary Reform and the Redemption of National Bank Notes, 1863–1913," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(02), pages 205-243, June.
- Richard H. Timberlake, 2005. "Gold Standards and the Real Bills Doctrine in U.S. Monetary Policy," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 2(2), pages 196-233, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard H. Timberlake, 2006. "Reply to Hortlund's "Defense of the Real Bills Doctrine"," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(2), pages 393-397, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ejw:journl:v:3:y:2006:i:1:p:73-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jason Briggeman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edgmuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.