Monetary Policy Targeting in Argentina and Canada in the 1990s: A Comparison, Some Contrasts, and a Tentative Evaluation
There are two generally accepted ways of plotting the aggregate demand (AD) and aggregate supply (AS) curves in the goods market. One puts the price level on the vertical axis (the P - y approach); the other plots the real interest rate on the vertical axis (the r - y approach). This paper develops the theoretical connections between these two approaches that permit one to tell a coherent dynamic story with the AD-AS model and also explores the conditions under which one approach or the other yields greater insight into the working of the model.
Volume (Year): 29 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (Summer)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/o Dr. Alexandre Olbrecht, The Anisfield School of Business 205, Ramapo College, 505 Ramapo Valley Road, Ramapo, New Jersey 07430, USA|
Phone: (201) 684-7346
Web page: https://www.quinnipiac.edu/eea/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1998.
"International Experiences With Different Monetary Policy Regimes,"
648, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000. "International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes," NBER Working Papers 7044, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishkin, F.S., 1998. "International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes," Papers 648, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1999. "International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes," NBER Working Papers 6965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Freedman & Tiff Macklem, 1998. "A Comment on "The Great Canadian Slump"," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 646-665, August.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Adam S. Posen, 1998.
"Inflation Targeting: Lessons from Four Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
6126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-162, May.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1998. "Policy rules and targets: framing the central banker's problem," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 1-14.
- Freedman, C, 1983. "Financial Innovation in Canada: Causes and Consequences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 101-106, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eej:eeconj:v:29:y:2003:i:3:p:339-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.