Reclaiming Development? NGOs and the Challenge of Alternatives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anthony Bebbington, 2003. "Global networks and local developments: agendas for development geography," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 94(3), pages 297-309, August.
- Jordan, Lisa & van Tuijl, Peter, 2000. "Political Responsibility in Transnational NGO Advocacy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2051-2065, December.
- James Copestake, 2002. "Inequality and the polarizing impact of microcredit: evidence from Zambia's copperbelt," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 743-755.
- Alan Fowler, 1993. "Non‐governmental organizations as agents of democratization: An African perspective," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(3), pages 325-339, May.
- Drabek, Anne Gordon, 1987. "Development alternatives: The challenge for NGOs--an overview of the issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages 1-1.
- Hickey, Sam & Bracking, Sarah, 2005. "Exploring the Politics of Chronic Poverty: From Representation to a Politics of Justice?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 851-865, June.
- Korten, David C., 1987. "Third generation NGO strategies: A key to people-centered development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages 145-159.
- Gore, Charles, 2000. "The Rise and Fall of the Washington Consensus as a Paradigm for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 789-804, May.
- Alan Thomas, 2000. "Development as practice in a liberal capitalist world," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 773-787.
- Thomas W. Dichter, 1996. "Questioning the future of NGOs in microfinance," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 259-269.
- Graham, Carol, 1992. "The politics of protecting the poor during adjustment: Bolivia's emergency social fund," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1233-1251, September.
- James Midgley, 2003. "Social development: the intellectual heritage," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(7), pages 831-844.
- Janet Gabriel Townsend, 1999. "Are non-governmental organizations working in development a transnational community?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 613-623.
- Sam Hickey, 2002. "Transnational NGDOS and participatory forms of rights-based development: converging with the local politics of citizenship in Cameroon," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(6), pages 841-857.
- Bratton, Michael, 1989. "The politics of government-NGO relations in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 569-587, April.
- Fox, Jonathan A, 1994. "The Difficult Transition from Clientelism to Citizenship: Lessons from Mexico," Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series qt4n4746hk, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- Ben Kohl, 2003. "Nongovernmental organizations as intermediaries for decentralization in Bolivia," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(3), pages 317-331, June.
- Robinson, Mark & Riddell, Roger C., 1995. "Non-Governmental Organizations and Rural Poverty Alleviation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233305.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dirk-Jan Koch & Ruerd Ruben, 2008. "Spatial Clustering Of NGOs: An Evolutionary Economic Geography Approach," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0814, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2008.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:43:y:2017:i:c:p:125-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Banks, Nicola & Hulme, David & Edwards, Michael, 2015. "NGOs, States, and Donors Revisited: Still Too Close for Comfort?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 707-718.
- Murat Arsel & Navé Wald, 2015. "Forum 2015," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(4), pages 618-643, July.
- Peter Knorringa & A.H.J. (Bert) Helmsing, 2008. "Forum 2008," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 39(6), pages 1053-1062, November.
- Le Fanu, Guy, 2014. "International development, disability, and education: Towards a capabilities-focused discourse and praxis," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 69-79.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:41:y:2016:i:c:p:34-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:95:y:2017:i:c:p:268-284 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daudi Pascal & Leif Atle Beisland & Roy Mersland, 2016. "The origin of CEOs and its influence on microfinance performance and risk-taking," Working Papers CEB 16-046, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:6-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Scarlato, Margherita, 2012. "Social Enterprise, Capabilities and Development: Lessons from Ecuador," MPRA Paper 37618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:35:y:2007:i:10:p:1699-1720. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.