Persistence of corruption: some theoretical perspectives
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Mitchell Polinsky & Steven Shavell, 1999.
"Corruption and Optimal Law Enforcement,"
NBER Working Papers
6945, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2003.
"Prelude to Political Economy: A Study of the Social and Political Foundations of Economics,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199261857, December.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2000. "Prelude to Political Economy: A Study of the Social and Political Foundations of Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296713, December.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- HINDRIKS, Jean & KEEN, Michael & MUTHOO, Abhinay, .
"Corruption, extortion and evasion,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1671, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521632935 is not listed on IDEAS
- Indranil Dutta & Ajit Mishra, 2003.
"Corruption and Competition in the Presence of Inequality and Market Imperfections,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
152, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Indranil Dutta & Ajit Mishra, 2004. "Corruption and Competition in the Presence of Inequality and Market Imperfections," Working papers 123, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Basu, Kaushik & Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Mishra, Ajit, 1992. "Notes on bribery and the control of corruption," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 349-359, August.
- Sah, R.K., 1990.
"Social Osmosis And Patterns Of Crime: A Dynamic Economic Analysis,"
609, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Pranab Bardhan & Dilip Mookherjee, 2000. "Corruption and Decentralization of Infrastructure Delivery in Developing Countries," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 104, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Andvig, Jens Chr. & Moene, Karl Ove, 1990.
"How corruption may corrupt,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 63-76, January.
- Ajit Mishra, 2005. "Optimal Enforcement Policies Under the Threat of Collusion and Extortion," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 184, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Bac, Mehmet, 1996. "Corruption and Supervision Costs in Hierarchies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 99-118, April.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521659123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lui, Francis T., 1986. "A dynamic model of corruption deterrence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 215-236, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:34:y:2006:i:2:p:349-358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.