Livelihoods and Chronic Poverty in Semi-Arid Zimbabwe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1999.
"Are the poor less well insured? Evidence on vulnerability to income risk in rural China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 61-81, February.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Are the poor less well-insured? Evidence on vulnerability to income risk in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1863, The World Bank.
- Frank Ellis, 1998. "Household strategies and rural livelihood diversification," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-38.
- Bigman, David & Fofack, Hippolyte, 2000. "Geographical Targeting for Poverty Alleviation: An Introduction to the Special Issue," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 129-145, January.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966, June.
- Thapa, Narbada & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Geater, Alan F. & Ulstein, Magnar & Bechtel, Gregory A., 2000. "Infant death rates and animal-shed delivery in remote rural areas of Nepal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 1447-1456, November.
- Bester, B.J. & Belete, Abenet & Kelembe, S.G., 1998. "Assessing Peasant Farmersâ€™ Risk Attitudes And Factors That Influence Decisions On Risky Alternatives: A Case Study In The Border Region Of South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 37(3), September.
- Kinsey, Bill & Burger, Kees & Gunning, Jan Willem, 1998. "Coping with drought in Zimbabwe: Survey evidence on responses of rural households to risk," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 89-110, January.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 1997. "Poor areas, or only poor people?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1798, The World Bank.
- Jyotsna Jalan & Martin Ravallion, 2000. "Is transient poverty different? Evidence for rural China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 82-99.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- C. Duvivier & S. Li & M.-F. Renard, 2013.
"Are workers close to cities paid higher nonagricultural wages in rural China?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(30), pages 4308-4322, October.
- Chloé Duvivier & Mary-Françoise Renard & Shi Li, 2012. "Are workers close to cities paid higher non-agricultural wages in rural China?," Working Papers halshs-00673698, HAL.
- Chloé DUVIVIER & Mary-Françoise RENARD & Shi LI, 2012. "Are workers close to cities paid higher non-agricultural wages in rural China?," Working Papers 201205, CERDI.
- Chloé Duvivier & Shi Li & Mary-Françoise Renard, 2013. "Are workers close to cities paid higher nonagricultural wages in rural China?," Post-Print halshs-00819122, HAL.
- Howson, Cynthia, 2013. "Adverse Incorporation and Microfinance among Cross-Border Traders in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 199-208.
- Chloé Duvivier, 2013. "Does Urban Proximity Enhance Technical Efficiency? Evidence From Chinese Agriculture," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 923-943, December.
- Soltani, Arezoo & Angelsen, Arild & Eid, Tron & Naieni, Mohammad Saeid Noori & Shamekhi, Taghi, 2012. "Poverty, sustainability, and household livelihood strategies in Zagros, Iran," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 60-70.
- Sonali Senaratna Sellamuttu & Takeshi Aida & Ryuji Kasahara & Yasuyuki Sawada & Deeptha Wijerathna, 2014.
"How Access to Irrigation Influences Poverty and Livelihoods: A Case Study from Sri Lanka,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(5), pages 748-768, May.
- Sellamuttu, Sonali Senaratna & Aida, Takeshi & Kasahara, Ryuji & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Wijerathna, Deeptha, 2013. "How Access to Irrigation Influences Poverty and Livelihoods:A Case Study from Sri Lanka," Working Papers 59, JICA Research Institute.
- Ansoms, An & McKay, Andrew, 2010. "A quantitative analysis of poverty and livelihood profiles: The case of rural Rwanda," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 584-598, December.
- Wisdom Moyo, 2013. "Causes and Effects of Poverty on Academic Achievements of Rural Secondary School Students: Case of Tshazi Secondary School in Insiza District," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(10), pages 2104-2113, October.
- Rafael Perez Ribas & Ana Flávia Machado, 2007. "Distinguishing Chronic Poverty from Transient Poverty in Brazil: Developing a Model for Pseudo-Panel Data," Working Papers 36, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Rafael Perez Ribas & Ana Flávia Machado & André Braz Golgher, 2006. "Fluctuations and persistence in poverty: a transient-chronic decomposition model for pseudo-panel data," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td290, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- repec:mig:remrev:v:2:y:2017:i:1:p:5-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Classen, Lauren & Humphries, Sally & FitzSimons, John & Kaaria, Susan & Jiménez, José & Sierra, Fredy & Gallardo, Omar, 2008. "Opening Participatory Spaces for the Most Marginal: Learning from Collective Action in the Honduran Hillsides," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2402-2420, November.
- Chuan Liao & Christopher Barrett & Karim-Aly Kassam, 2015. "Does Diversification Improve Livelihoods? Pastoral Households in Xinjiang, China," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(6), pages 1302-1330, November.
- Bastiaensen, Johan & Herdt, Tom De & D'Exelle, Ben, 2005. "Poverty reduction as a local institutional process," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 979-993, June.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1391-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Husmann, Christine, 2016. "Marginality as a Root Cause of Poverty: Identifying Marginality Hotspots in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 420-435.
- Sunderlin, William D. & Angelsen, Arild & Belcher, Brian & Burgers, Paul & Nasi, Robert & Santoso, Levania & Wunder, Sven, 2005. "Livelihoods, forests, and conservation in developing countries: An Overview," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1383-1402, September.
- Senaratna Sellamuttu, Sonali, 2013. "How access to irrigation influences poverty and livelihoods: a case study from Sri Lanka. Impact assessment of infrastructure projects on poverty reduction," IWMI Working Papers H045795, International Water Management Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:3:p:591-610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.