Research as Capacity Building: The Case of an NGO Facilitated Post-Harvest Innovation System for the Himalayan Hills
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosen, Robert, 1987. "On complex systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 129-134, June.
- Biggs, Stephen D., 1990. "A multiple source of innovation model of agricultural research and technology promotion," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(11), pages 1481-1499, November.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
- Biggs, Stephen D., 1982. "Generating agricultural technology: Triticale for the Himalayan Hills," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 69-82, February.
- Metcalfe, J S, 1995. "Technology Systems and Technology Policy in an Evolutionary Framework," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 25-46, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hall, Andy & Clark, Norman & Frost, Andy, 2010. "Bottom-up, Bottom-line: Development-Relevant Enterprises in East Africa and their Significance for Agricultural Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 042, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Laurens Klerkx & Andy Hall & Cees Leeuwis, 2009.
"Strengthening agricultural innovation capacity: are innovation brokers the answer?,"
International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(5/6), pages 409-438.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Hall, Andy & Leeuwis, Cees, 2009. "Strengthening Agricultural Innovation Capacity: Are Innovation Brokers the Answer?," MERIT Working Papers 019, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Dey, Madan M. & SpielmanÂ David J. & Haque, A.B.M. Mahfuzul & Rahman, Md. Saidur & Valmonte-Santos, Rowena, 2012. "Change and diversity in smallholder rice-fish systems: Recent evidence from Bangladesh," IFPRI discussion papers 1220, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hall, Andy & Mytelka, Lynn & Oyelaran-Oyeyinka, Banji, 2006. "Concepts and guidelines for diagnostic assessments of agricultural innovation capacity," MERIT Working Papers 017, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- David Spielman & Kristin Davis & Martha Negash & Gezahegn Ayele, 2011.
"Rural innovation systems and networks: findings from a study of Ethiopian smallholders,"
Agriculture and Human Values,
Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(2), pages 195-212, June.
- Spielman, David J. & Davis, Kristin E. & Negash, Martha & Ayele, Gezahegn, 2008. "Rural innovation systems and networks: Findings from a study of Ethiopian smallholders," IFPRI discussion papers 759, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hall, Andy, 2006.
"Public private sector partnerships in an agricultural system of innovation: concepts and challenges,"
MERIT Working Papers
002, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Andy Hall, 2015. "Public Private Sector Partnerships in an Agricultural System of Innovation: Concepts and Challenges," Working Papers id:6481, eSocialSciences.
- Spielman, David J. & Ekboir, Javier & Davis, Kristin & Ochieng, Cosmas M.O., 2008. "An innovation systems perspective on strengthening agricultural education and training in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 1-9, July.
- Venot, Jean-Philippe, 2016. "A Success of Some Sort: Social Enterprises and Drip Irrigation in the Developing World," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 69-81.
- Spielman,David J. & Hartwich,Frank & von Grebmer, Klaus, 2007. "Sharing science, building bridges, and enhancing impact: Public-Private Partnerships in the CGIAR," IFPRI discussion papers 708, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hall, Andrew & Rasheed Sulaiman, V. & Clark, Norman & Yoganand, B., 2003. "From measuring impact to learning institutional lessons: an innovation systems perspective on improving the management of international agricultural research," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 213-241, November.
- Velho, Lea & de Souza Paula, Maria Carlota & Vilar, Roberto, 2004. "Building Research Capacity in Social Sciences for Development in Bolivia: A Case of Institutional Innovation," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 08, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Vallejo, Bertha & Wehn, Uta, 2016. "Capacity Development Evaluation: The Challenge of the Results Agenda and Measuring Return on Investment in the Global South," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1-13.
- Velho, Lea, 2004. "Science and Technology in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Overview," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 04, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Joanna Chataway, 2005. "Introduction: is it possible to create pro-poor agriculture-related biotechnology?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 597-610.
- Hall, Andy & Clark, Norman & Naik, Guru, 2007. "Technology Supply Chain or Innovation Capacity?: Contrasting Experiences of Promoting Small Scale Irrigation Technology in South Asia," MERIT Working Papers 014, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- World Bank, 2006. "Enhancing Agricultural Innovation," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24105, The World Bank.
- Chataway, Joanna & Smith, James, 2006. "The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI): Is It Getting New Science and Technology to the World's Neglected Majority?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 16-30, January.
- Seife Ayele & David Wield, 2005. "Science and technology capacity building and partnership in African agriculture: perspectives on Mali and Egypt," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 631-646.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0716-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vallejo, B. & Wehn, U., 2016. "Capacity development evaluation : The challenge of the results agenda and measuring return on investment in the global south," Other publications TiSEM d22bbdd5-5e29-404a-9ca8-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ayele, Seife & Duncan, Alan & Larbi, Asamoah & Khanh, Truong Tan, 2016. "Enhancing innovation in livestock value chains through networks: Lessons from fodder innovation case studies in developing countries," IFPRI book chapters,in: Innovation for inclusive value-chain development: Successes and challenges, chapter 5, pages 175-200 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Foran, Tira & Butler, James R.A. & Williams, Liana J. & Wanjura, Wolf J. & Hall, Andy & Carter, Lucy & Carberry, Peter S., 2014. "Taking Complexity in Food Systems Seriously: An Interdisciplinary Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 85-101.
- Sumberg, James, 2005. "Systems of innovation theory and the changing architecture of agricultural research in Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 21-41, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:11:p:1845-1863. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.