Borrowing from the IMF: The policy implications of recent empirical research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Conway, Patrick, 1994. "IMF lending programs: Participation and impact," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 365-391, December.
- Cornelius, Peter, 1987. "The demand for IMF credits by Sub-Saharan African countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 99-102.
- Tony Killick & Moazzam Malik, 1992. "Country Experiences with IMF Programmes in the 1980s," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 599-632, September.
- Tony Killick & Moazzam Malik & Marcus Manuel, 1992. "What Can We Know About the Effects of IMF Programmes?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 575-598, September.
- Joyce, Joseph P., 1992. "The economic characteristics of IMF program countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 237-242, February.
- Finch, C.D., 1989. "The Imf: The Record And The Prospect," Princeton Studies in International Economics 175, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Graham Bird, 1994. "The Myths and Realities of IMF Lending," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(5), pages 759-778, September.
- Julio A. Santaella & Malcolm D. Knight, 1994. "Economic Determinants of Fund Financial Arrangements," IMF Working Papers 94/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Julio A. Santaella, 1995. "Four Decades of Fund Arrangements; Macroeconomic Stylized Facts Before the Adjustment Programs," IMF Working Papers 95/74, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1990. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Fund-Supported Adjustment Programs," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(2), pages 195-231, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2013.
"The Response Speed of the International Monetary Fund,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 189-211, June.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2013. "The response speed of the International Monetary Fund," Working Papers 786, Bruegel.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2013. "The Response Speed of the International Monetary Fund," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 692, Central Bank of Chile.
- Ernesto Crivelli & Sanjeev Gupta, 2016.
"Does conditionality in IMF-supported programs promote revenue reform?,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 23(3), pages 550-579, June.
- Ernesto Crivelli & Sanjeev Gupta, 2014. "Does conditionality in IMF-supported programs promote revenue reform?," IMF Working Papers 14/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Reynaud, Julien & Vauday, Julien, 2009.
"Geopolitics and international organizations: An empirical study on IMF facilities,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 139-162, May.
- Julien Reynaud & Julien Vauday, 2009. "Geopolitics and International Organizations? An Empirical Study on IMF Facilities," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00367845, HAL.
- Julien Vauday & Julien Reynaud, 2009. "Geopolitics and international organizations: An empirical study on IMF facilities," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01330210, HAL.
- Joseph P. Joyce, 2001. "Time present and time past: a duration analysis of IMF program spells," Working Papers 01-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Andersen, Thomas Barnebeck & Harr, Thomas & Tarp, Finn, 2006. "On US politics and IMF lending," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1843-1862, October.
- Carlos de Resende, 2007. "IMF-Supported Adjustment Programs: Welfare Implications and the Catalytic Effect," Staff Working Papers 07-22, Bank of Canada.
- Butkiewicz, James L. & Yanikkaya, Halit, 2005. "The Effects of IMF and World Bank Lending on Long-Run Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 371-391, March.
- Rickard, Stephanie J. & Caraway, Teri L., 2018. "International demands for austerity: examining the impact of the IMF on the public sector," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86636, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- James L. Butkiewicz & Halit Yanikkaya, 2003. "An Assessment of the Effectiveness of International Financial Intervention," Working Papers 03-05, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2008.
"From Crisis to IMF-Supported Program; Does democracy impede the speed required by financial markets?,"
IMF Working Papers
08/276, International Monetary Fund.
- Ashoka Mody & Diego Saravia, 2009. "From Crisis to IMF-Supported Program: Does Democracy Impede the Speed Required by Financial Markets?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 513, Central Bank of Chile.
- Bird, Graham & Hussain, Mumtaz & Joyce, Joseph P., 2004. "Many happy returns? Recidivism and the IMF," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 231-251, March.
- Omotunde E.G. JOHNSON, 2005. "Country Ownership Of Reform Programmes And The Implications For Conditionality," G-24 Discussion Papers 35, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Przeworski, Adam & Vreeland, James Raymond, 2000. "The effect of IMF programs on economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 385-421, August.
- Javed, Omer, 2014. "Institutional quality, macroeconomic stabilization and economic growth: a case study of IMF programme countries," MPRA Paper 56370, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raymond Vreeland, James, 2002. "The Effect of IMF Programs on Labor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 121-139, January.
- Cull, Robert J., 1997. "Financial sector adjustment lending : a mid-course analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1804, The World Bank.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2005. "Bi-Polar Disorder: Exchange Rate Regimes, Economic Crises and the IMF," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0705, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Arpac, Ozlem & Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex, 2008. "Stop Interrupting: An Empirical Analysis of the Implementation of IMF Programs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1493-1513, September.
- Bird, Graham & Rowlands, Dane, 2009. "Exchange Rate Regimes in Developing and Emerging Economies and the Incidence of IMF Programs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1839-1848, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:24:y:1996:i:11:p:1753-1760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.