The value of information on supply risk under random yields
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Volodymyr Babich & Apostolos N. Burnetas & Peter H. Ritchken, 2007. "Competition and Diversification Effects in Supply Chains with Supplier Default Risk," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 123-146, October.
- Jiri Chod & Nils Rudi & Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2010. "Operational Flexibility and Financial Hedging: Complements or Substitutes?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 1030-1045, June.
- Yunzeng Wang & Yigal Gerchak, 1996. "Periodic Review Production Models with Variable Capacity, Random Yield, and Uncertain Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(1), pages 130-137, January.
- Brian Tomlin, 2006. "On the Value of Mitigation and Contingency Strategies for Managing Supply Chain Disruption Risks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(5), pages 639-657, May.
- He, Yuanjie & Zhang, Jiang, 2008. "Random yield risk sharing in a two-level supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 769-781, April.
- He, Yuanjie & Zhang, Jiang, 2010. "Random yield supply chain with a yield dependent secondary market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(1), pages 221-230, October.
- Sawik, Tadeusz, 2011. "Selection of supply portfolio under disruption risks," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 194-208, April.
- Schmitt, Amanda J. & Snyder, Lawrence V. & Shen, Zuo-Jun Max, 2010. "Inventory systems with stochastic demand and supply: Properties and approximations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(2), pages 313-328, October.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Van Mieghem, Jan A., 1999. "Multi-resource investment strategies: Operational hedging under demand uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 17-29, February.
- Frank W. Ciarallo & Ramakrishna Akella & Thomas E. Morton, 1994. "A Periodic Review, Production Planning Model with Uncertain Capacity and Uncertain Demand---Optimality of Extended Myopic Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(3), pages 320-332, March.
- Maqbool Dada & Nicholas C. Petruzzi & Leroy B. Schwarz, 2007. "A Newsvendor's Procurement Problem when Suppliers Are Unreliable," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(1), pages 9-32, August.
- Vishal Gaur & Sridhar Seshadri, 2005. "Hedging Inventory Risk Through Market Instruments," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(2), pages 103-120, April.
- Yimin Wang & Wendell Gilland & Brian Tomlin, 2010. "Mitigating Supply Risk: Dual Sourcing or Process Improvement?," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(3), pages 489-510, September.
- William L. Cooper & Diwakar Gupta, 2006. "Stochastic Comparisons in Airline Revenue Management," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 221-234, February.
- Gullu, Refik, 1998. "Base stock policies for production/inventory problems with uncertain capacity levels," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 43-51, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ju, Wanrong & Gabor, Adriana F. & van Ommeren, J.C.W., 2015. "An approximate policy for a dual-sourcing inventory model with positive lead times and binomial yield," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(2), pages 490-497.
- repec:eee:transe:v:110:y:2018:i:c:p:31-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transe:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:20-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xue, Weili & Choi, Tsan-Ming & Ma, Lijun, 2016. "Diversification strategy with random yield suppliers for a mean–variance risk-sensitive manufacturer," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 90-107.
More about this item
KeywordsProduct shrinkage; Value of information; Supply risk; Newsvendor problem; Supply chain management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transe:v:60:y:2013:i:c:p:27-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.