Estimating the value of leisure from a time allocation model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kay Axhausen & Andrea Zimmermann & Stefan Schönfelder & Guido Rindsfüser & Thomas Haupt, 2002. "Observing the rhythms of daily life: A six-week travel diary," Transportation, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 95-124, May.
- Kwangsuck Lee & In-Moo Kim, 2005. "Estimating the value of leisure time in Korea," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(10), pages 639-641.
- Evans, Alan W, 1972. "On the Theory of the Valuation and Allocation of Time," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 19(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Begona Alvarez-Farizo & Nick Hanley & Ramon Barberan, 2001. "The Value of Leisure Time: A Contingent Rating Approach," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 681-699.
- Hélène Couprie, 2007.
"Time allocation within the Family: Welfare implications of life in a couple,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(516), pages 287-305, January.
- Helene Couprie, 2003. "Time allocation within the family: welfare implications of life in a couple," Labor and Demography 0312003, EconWPA.
- Winston, Gordon C., 1987. "Activity choice : A new approach to economic behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 567-585, December.
- Juster, F. Thomas, 1990. "Rethinking utility theory," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 155-179.
- W. Douglass Shaw, 1992. "Searching for the Opportunity Cost of an Individual's Time," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(1), pages 107-115.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:transa:v:103:y:2017:i:c:p:36-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Héctor López-Ospina & Francisco Martínez & Cristián Cortés, 2015. "A time-hierarchical microeconomic model of activities," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 211-236, March.
- Jara-Díaz, Sergio R. & Astroza, Sebastian & Bhat, Chandra R. & Castro, Marisol, 2016. "Introducing relations between activities and goods consumption in microeconomic time use models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 93(PA), pages 162-180.
- repec:eee:transb:v:100:y:2017:i:c:p:175-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jara-Díaz, Sergio & Rosales-Salas, Jorge, 2015. "Understanding time use: Daily or weekly data?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 38-57.
- Parry, Ian & Strand, Jon, 2012.
"International fuel tax assessment: an application to Chile,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 127-144, April.
- Parry, Ian & Strand, Jon, 2010. "International Fuel Tax Assessment: An Application to Chile," Discussion Papers dp-10-07, Resources For the Future.
- Ian W.H. Parry & Jon Strand, 2011. "International Fuel Tax Assessment; An Application to Chile," IMF Working Papers 11/168, International Monetary Fund.
- Marcela Munizaga & Sergio Jara-Díaz & Javiera Olguín & Jorge Rivera, 2011. "Generating twins to build weekly time use data from multiple single day OD surveys," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 511-524, May.
- Liping Gao & Hyeongwoo Kim & Yaoqi Zhang, 2013.
"On the Effect of the Great Recession on US Household Expenditures for Entertainment,"
Auburn Economics Working Paper Series
auwp2013-09, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Liping Gao & Hyeongwoo Kim & Yaoqi Zhang, 2015. "On the Effect of the Great Recession on US Household Expenditures for Entertainment," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2015-06, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Small, Kenneth A., 2012. "Valuation of travel time," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 2-14.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan & Hirte, Georg, 2009.
"An urban general equilibrium model with multiple household structures and travel mode choice,"
17697, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan & Hirte, Georg, 2009. "An urban general equilibrium model with multiple household structures and travel mode choice," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 06/09, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Jara-Díaz, Sergio & Rosales-Salas, Jorge, 2017. "Beyond transport time: A review of time use modeling," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 209-230.
- Frei, Charlotte & Mahmassani, Hani S. & Frei, Andreas, 2015. "Making time count: Traveler activity engagement on urban transit," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 58-70.
- Benjamin KickhÃ¶fer & Dominik Grether & Kai Nagel, 2011. "Public acceptance and economic evaluation of transport policies (refereed paper)," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1022, European Regional Science Association.
- Boncinelli, Fabio & Riccioli, Francesco & Marone, Enrico, 2015. "Do forests help to keep my body mass index low?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 11-17.
- Dane, Gamze & Arentze, Theo A. & Timmermans, Harry J.P. & Ettema, Dick, 2014. "Simultaneous modeling of individuals’ duration and expenditure decisions in out-of-home leisure activities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 93-103.
- Flügel, Stefan, 2014. "Accounting for user type and mode effects on the value of travel time savings in project appraisal: Opportunities and challenges," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 50-60.
- Jenelius, Erik & Mattsson, Lars-Göran & Levinson, David, 2011. "Traveler delay costs and value of time with trip chains, flexible activity scheduling and information," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 789-807, June.
- Georg Hirte & Stefan Tscharaktschiew, 2015. "Why not to choose the most convenient labor supply model? The impact of labor supply modeling on policy evaluation," ERSA conference papers ersa15p303, European Regional Science Association.
- Ahlheim, Michael & Frör, Oliver & Heinke, Antonia & Duc, Nguyen Minh & Dinh, Pham Van, 2010. "Labour as a utility measure in contingent valuation studies: how good is it really?," FZID Discussion Papers 13-2010, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Richard Melstrom, 2014. "Valuing historic battlefields: an application of the travel cost method to three American Civil War battlefields," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(3), pages 223-236, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transb:v:42:y:2008:i:10:p:946-957. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description .