The mobility and accessibility expectations of seniors in an aging population
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandra Rosenbloom, 2001. "Sustainability and automobility among the elderly: An international assessment," Transportation, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 375-408, November.
- David Hensher & April Reyes, 2000. "Trip chaining as a barrier to the propensity to use public transport," Transportation, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 341-361, December.
- Metz, D. H., 2000. "Mobility of older people and their quality of life," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 149-152, April.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:8:1284-1289_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Levine, Jonathan & Garb, Yaakov, 2002. "Congestion pricing's conditional promise: promotion of accessibility or mobility?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 179-188, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hubers, Christa & Lyons, Glenn, 2013. "New technologies for the old: Potential implications of living in later life for travel demand," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 220-228.
- Khandker M. Nurul Habib & Vivian Hui, 2017. "An activity-based approach of investigating travel behaviour of older people," Transportation, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 555-573, May.
- Olawole, Moses Olaniran & Aloba, Oluwole, 2014. "Mobility characteristics of the elderly and their associated level of satisfaction with transport services in Osogbo, Southwestern Nigeria," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 105-116.
- Ruben G. Mercado & K. Bruce Newbold, 2009. "Car Driving and Public Transit Use in Canadian Metropolitan Areas: Focus on Elderly and Role of Health and Social Network Factors," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 243, McMaster University.
- Israel Schwarzlose, Alicia A. & Mjelde, James W. & Dudensing, Rebekka M. & Jin, Yanhong & Cherrington, Linda K. & Chen, Junyi, 2014. "Willingness to pay for public transportation options for improving the quality of life of the rural elderly," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1-14.
- Deka, Devajyoti, 2014. "The role of household members in transporting adults with disabilities in the United States," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 45-57.
- Stanley, Janet & Vella-Brodrick, Dianne, 2009. "The usefulness of social exclusion to inform social policy in transport," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 90-96, July.
- Khandker Habib, 2015. "An investigation on mode choice and travel distance demand of older people in the National Capital Region (NCR) of Canada: application of a utility theoretic joint econometric model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 143-161, January.
- Theo Arentze & Harry Timmermans & Peter Jorritsma & Marie-José Olde Kalter & Arnout Schoemakers, 2008. "More gray hair—but for whom? Scenario-based simulations of elderly activity travel patterns in 2020," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 613-627, August.
- Rosenkvist, Jenny & Risser, Ralf & Iwarsson, Susanne & Wendel, Kerstin & Ståhl, Agneta, 2009. "The Challenge of Using Public Transport: Descriptions by People with Cognitive Functional Limitations," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 2(1), pages 65-80.
- Hensher, David A., 2007. "Bus transport: Economics, policy and planning," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-507, January.
- Sonja Haustein, 2012. "Mobility behavior of the elderly: an attitude-based segmentation approach for a heterogeneous target group," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 1079-1103, November.
- Su, Fengming & Schmöcker, Jan-Dirk & Bell, Michael G.H., 2009. "Mode Choice of Older People Before and After Shopping: A Study with London Data," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46.
- Wretstrand, Anders & Svensson, Helena & Fristedt, Sofi & Falkmer, Torbjörn, 2009. "Older people and local public transit: Mobility effects of accessibility improvements in Sweden," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 2(2), pages 49-65.
- repec:kap:transp:v:44:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11116-016-9680-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Hitomi Nakanishi & John Black, 2015. "Social Sustainability Issues and Older Adults’ Dependence on Automobiles in Low-Density Environments," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-21, June.
- Spinney, Jamie E.L. & Scott, Darren M. & Newbold, K. Bruce, 2009. "Transport mobility benefits and quality of life: A time-use perspective of elderly Canadians," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-11, January.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:981-:d:100814 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baldwin Hess, Daniel, 2009. "Access to Public Transit and Its Influence on Ridership for Older Adults in Two U.S. Cities," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 2(1), pages 3-27.
- Chang, Yu-Chun, 2013. "Factors affecting airport access mode choice for elderly air passengers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 105-112.
- Ma, Lu & Srinivasan, Sivaramakrishnan, 2016. "An empirical assessment of factors affecting the accuracy of target-year synthetic populations," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 247-264.
- repec:cog:socinc:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:183-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:trapol:v:63:y:2018:i:c:p:73-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:trapol:v:63:y:2018:i:c:p:122-130 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:37:y:2003:i:10:p:903-916. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .