Sustainability and automobility among the elderly: An international assessment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khandker M. Nurul Habib & Vivian Hui, 2017. "An activity-based approach of investigating travel behaviour of older people," Transportation, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 555-573, May.
- Khandker Habib, 2015. "An investigation on mode choice and travel distance demand of older people in the National Capital Region (NCR) of Canada: application of a utility theoretic joint econometric model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 143-161, January.
- Darren M. Scott & Kenneth Bruce Newbold & Jamie E.L. Spinney & Ruben Mercado & Antonio Páez & Pavlos S. Kanaroglou, 2009. "New Insights into Senior Travel Behavior: The Canadian Experience," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 140-168.
- Cao, Xinyu & Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Handy, Susan L., 2007. "Residential and Travel Choices of Elderly Residents of Northern California," 48th Annual Transportation Research Forum, Boston, Massachusetts, March 15-17, 2007 207925, Transportation Research Forum.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:499-:d:131708 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ruben G. Mercado & K. Bruce Newbold, 2009. "Car Driving and Public Transit Use in Canadian Metropolitan Areas: Focus on Elderly and Role of Health and Social Network Factors," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 243, McMaster University.
- Lovejoy, Kristin & Handy, Susan, 2011. "Social networks as a source of private-vehicle transportation: The practice of getting rides and borrowing vehicles among Mexican immigrants in California," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 248-257, May.
- Nordlund, A. & Westin, K., 2013. "Influence of values, beliefs, and age on intention to travel by a new railway line under construction in northern Sweden," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 86-95.
- Susanne Nordbakke & Tim Schwanen, 2015. "Transport, unmet activity needs and wellbeing in later life: exploring the links," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(6), pages 1129-1151, November.
- Theo Arentze & Harry Timmermans & Peter Jorritsma & Marie-José Olde Kalter & Arnout Schoemakers, 2008. "More gray hair—but for whom? Scenario-based simulations of elderly activity travel patterns in 2020," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 613-627, August.
- Wretstrand, Anders & Svensson, Helena & Fristedt, Sofi & Falkmer, Torbjörn, 2009. "Older people and local public transit: Mobility effects of accessibility improvements in Sweden," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 2(2), pages 49-65.
- Asbridge, Mark & Desapriya, Ediriweera & Ogilvie, Rachel & Cartwright, Jenny & Mehrnoush, Vahid & Ishikawa, Takuro & Nuwan Weerasinghe, Dinesh, 2017. "The impact of restricted driver’s licenses on crash risk for older drivers: A systematic review," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 137-145.
- Figueroa, Maria J. & Nielsen, Thomas A. Sick & Siren, Anu, 2014. "Comparing urban form correlations of the travel patterns of older and younger adults," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 10-20.
- Su, Fengming & Bell, Michael G.H., 2009. "Transport for older people: Characteristics and solutions," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 46-55.
- Deffner, Jutta, 2011. "Schneller, öfter, weiter: Herausforderungen für eine mobile Gesellschaft von morgen," Arbeitsberichte der ARL: Aufsätze,in: Schneller, öfter, weiter? Perspektiven der Raumentwicklung in der Mobilitätsgesellschaft. 13. Junges Forum der ARL 13. bis 15. Oktober 2010 in Mannhei, pages 15-27 Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung (ARL) - Leibniz-Forum für Raumwissenschaften.
- Eric Hildebrand, 2003. "Dimensions in elderly travel behaviour: A simplified activity-based model using lifestyle clusters," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 285-306, August.
- repec:kap:transp:v:44:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11116-016-9680-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Hitomi Nakanishi & John Black, 2015. "Social Sustainability Issues and Older Adults’ Dependence on Automobiles in Low-Density Environments," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-21, June.
- Spinney, Jamie E.L. & Scott, Darren M. & Newbold, K. Bruce, 2009. "Transport mobility benefits and quality of life: A time-use perspective of elderly Canadians," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-11, January.
- Graham Currie & Alexa Delbosc, 2010. "Exploring public transport usage trends in an ageing population," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 151-164, January.
- Patrick Bonnel & Pascal Pochet, 2002. "Analysis of principal trends of mobility related to location policy, car ownership, supply policy and ageing of population," Post-Print halshs-00088217, HAL.
- Sonja Haustein, 2012. "Mobility behavior of the elderly: an attitude-based segmentation approach for a heterogeneous target group," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 1079-1103, November.
- Alsnih, Rahaf & Hensher, David A., 2003. "The mobility and accessibility expectations of seniors in an aging population," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 903-916, December.
- Okada, Akira, 2012. "Is an increased elderly population related to decreased CO2 emissions from road transportation?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 286-292.
More about this item
Keywordsdriving cessation; elderly; mobility; pollution; sustainability; transit planning;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:28:y:2001:i:4:p:375-408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .