Reducing the level of switching costs in mobile communications: The case of Mobile Number Portability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sobolewski, Maciej & Czajkowski, Mikołaj, 2018.
"Receiver benefits and strategic use of call externalities in mobile telephony markets,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 16-27.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Maciej Sobolewski, 2016. "Strategic use of external benefits for entry deterrence: the case of a mobile telephony market," Working Papers 2016-27, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Sobolewski, Maciej, 2016. "Estimating call externalities in mobile telephony," 27th European Regional ITS Conference, Cambridge (UK) 2016 148706, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Park, Yuri & Koo, Yoonmo, 2016. "An empirical analysis of switching cost in the smartphone market in South Korea," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 307-318.
- Polo, Yolanda & Sese, F. Javier & Verhoef, Peter C., 2011. "The Effect of Pricing and Advertising on Customer Retention in a Liberalizing Market," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 201-214.
- Pacharasut Sujarittanonta, 2017. "Evaluating mobile number portability policy in the Thai mobile telecommunications market," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 220-233, April.
- Dejan Trifunović & Đorđe Mitrović, 2018. "Pro-Competitive Regulatory Policies For Post-Paid And Pre-Paid Mobile Phone Markets," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 63(218), pages 85-104, July – Se.
- Yamakawa, Peter & Rees, Gareth H. & Manuel Salas, José & Alva, Nikolai, 2013. "The diffusion of mobile telephones: An empirical analysis for Peru," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 594-606.
- Joachim Freyberger & Bradley J. Larsen, 2017. "Identification in Ascending Auctions, with an Application to Digital Rights Management," NBER Working Papers 23569, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucio Fuentelsaz & Juan Pablo Maicas & Yolanda Polo, 2012. "Switching Costs, Network Effects, and Competition in the European Mobile Telecommunications Industry," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 93-108, March.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Sobolewski, Maciej, 2016.
"How much do switching costs and local network effects contribute to consumer lock-in in mobile telephony?,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 855-869.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Maciej Sobolewski, 2013. "Switching Costs and Network Effects – How Much Do they Really Matter in Mobile Telecommunications?," Working Papers 2013-29, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Sobolewski, Maciej, 2013. "Estimation of switching costs and network effects in mobile telecommunications in Poland," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88515, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Mohammad Sultan Ahmad Ansari & Jamal A. Farooqui & Said Mohammed Gattoufi, 2018. "Emotional Intelligence and Extended Service Profit Chain in Telecom Industry in Oman – An Empirical Validation," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(3), pages 133-148, March.
- Florez Ramos, Esmeralda & Blind, Knut, 2020. "Data portability effects on data-driven innovation of online platforms: Analyzing Spotify," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(9).
- Rebeca Escobar Briones, 2018. "Impacto de las modificaciones en el proceso de portabilidad numérica sobre los servicios de telecomunicación móvil/The impact on telecommunications services of modifications to mobile number portabili," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 33(1), pages 3-28.
- Gábor Kézdi & Gergely Csorba, 2013.
"Estimating Consumer Lock-In Effects from Firm-Level Data,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 431-452, September.
- Gábor Kézdi & Gergely Csorba, 2012. "Estimating consumer lock-in effects from firm-level data," CEU Working Papers 2012_17, Department of Economics, Central European University, revised 19 Oct 2012.
- Jentzsch, Nicola, 2012.
"Implications of mandatory registration of mobile phone users in Africa,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 608-620.
- Nicola Jentzsch, 2012. "Implications of Mandatory Registration of Mobile Phone Users in Africa," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1192, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gabor Kezdi & Gergely Csorba, 2011. "Estimating the Lock-in Effects of Switching Costs from Firm-Level Data," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 1108, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Usero Sánchez, Belén & Asimakopoulos, Grigorios, 2012. "Regulation and competition in the European mobile communications industry: An examination of the implementation of mobile number portability," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 187-196.
- Amante, Ana & Vareda, João, 2010. "Improving consumer mobility in the mobile voice services market: a comprehensive set of remedies," 21st European Regional ITS Conference, Copenhagen 2010: Telecommunications at new crossroads - Changing value configurations, user roles, and regulation 2, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
More about this item
KeywordsSwitching costs Mobile number portability (MNP) Regulatory policy Mobile phone services Hierarchical linear model (HLM);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:33:y:2009:i:9:p:544-554. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.