Structural learning: Embedding discoveries and the dynamics of production
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Langlois, Richard N., 2002. "Modularity in technology and organization," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 19-37, September.
- Malerba, Franco, 1992. "Learning by Firms and Incremental Technical Change," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 845-859, July.
- Cesar A. Hidalgo & Ricardo Hausmann, 2009. "The Building Blocks of Economic Complexity," Papers 0909.3890, arXiv.org.
- Morroni,Mario, 1992. "Production Process and Technical Change," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521410014, September.
- Morroni,Mario, 2006. "Knowledge, Scale and Transactions in the Theory of the Firm," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521862431, September.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Mukoyama, Toshihiko, 2006.
"Rosenberg's "learning by using" and technology diffusion,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 123-144, September.
- Toshihiko Mukoyama, 2004. "Rosenberg's "Learning by Using" and Technology Diffusion," Working Papers 05003, Concordia University, Department of Economics.
- MUKOYAMA, Toshihiko, 2005. "Rosenberg's "Learning by Using" and Technology Diffusion," Cahiers de recherche 21-2005, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Pasinetti,Luigi L., 2007. "Keynes and the Cambridge Keynesians," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521872270, September.
- Thompson, Peter, 2010. "Learning by Doing," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 429-476, Elsevier.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1963. "Technological Change in the Machine Tool Industry, 1840â€“1910," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 414-443, December.
- Paul S. Adler & Kim B. Clark, 1991. "Behind the Learning Curve: A Sketch of the Learning Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(3), pages 267-281, March.
- Georgescu-Roegen, Nicholas, 1970. "The Economics of Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 1-9, May.
- Rosenberg,Nathan, 1994. "Exploring the Black Box," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521459556, April.
- Landesmann, M A, 1988. "Where Do We Go from Here? 1. Technical Change and Dynamics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 169-177, March.
- Buenstorf, Guido, 2005. "Sequential production, modularity and technological change," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 221-241, June.
- Teece, David J., 1980. "Economies of scope and the scope of the enterprise," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 223-247, September.
- Richardson, G B, 1972. "The Organisation of Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 883-896, September.
- Pitelis, Christos & Teece, David, 2009. "The (new) nature and essence of the firm," MPRA Paper 24317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scazzieri, Roberto, 1993. "A Theory of Production: Tasks, Processes, and Technical Practices," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283737.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1969. "The Direction of Technological Change: Inducement Mechanisms and Focusing Devices," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 1-24, Part I Oc.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969. "A New View of Technological Change," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 79(315), pages 573-578, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Scazzieri, Roberto, 2018. "Structural dynamics and evolutionary change," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 52-58.
- Boehm, Johannes & Dhingra, Swati & Morrow, John, 2016.
"Swimming upstream: input-output linkages and thedirection of product adoption,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
66418, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Johannes Boehm & Swati Dhingra & John Morrow, 2016. "Swimming Upstream: Input-output Linkages and the Direction of Product Adoption," CEP Discussion Papers dp1407, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Collin Constantine, 2017. "Economic structures, institutions and economic performance," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 6(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Andreoni, Antonio & Chang, Ha-Joon, 2019. "The political economy of industrial policy: Structural interdependencies, policy alignment and conflict management," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 136-150.
- Nerini, Francesco Fuso & Andreoni, Antonio & Bauner, David & Howells, Mark, 2016. "Powering production. The case of the sisal fibre production in the Tanga region, Tanzania," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 544-556.
- Sofia Torreggiani & Antonio Andreoni, 2019. "Dancing with dragons: Chinese import penetration and the performances of manufacturing firms in South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2019-63, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ha-Joon Chang & Antonio Andreoni & Ming Leong Kuan, 2013. "International Industrial Policy Experiences & the Lessons for the UK," Working Papers wp450, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Constantine, Collin & Khemraj, Tarron, 2019.
"Geography, economic structures and institutions: A synthesis,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 371-379.
- Collin Constantine & Tarron Khemraj, 2018. "Geography, Economic Structures and Institutions: A Synthesis," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 80, TUT Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance.
- Swati Dhingra & John Morrow & Johannes Boehm, 2015. "Input Capabilities and Product Adoption," 2015 Meeting Papers 963, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Antonio Andreoni & Ha-Joon Chang, 2016. "Industrial policy and the future of manufacturing," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 43(4), pages 491-502, December.
- Bianchi, Patrizio & Labory, Sandrine, 2019. "Manufacturing regimes and transitional paths: Lessons for industrial policy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 24-31.
More about this item
KeywordsProduction process; Learning; Structural dynamics;
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:29:y:2014:i:c:p:58-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.