Asymptotic efficiency of the ordinary least-squares estimator for sur models with integrated regressors
For seemingly unrelated regression (SUR) models with integrated regressors, two sufficient conditions are identified, under which the ordinary least-squares estimator (OLSE) is asymptotically efficient. The first condition is that every pair of regressor processes are cointegrated in a specific way that one regressor is a linear combination of the other regressor up to a zero-mean stationary error and the second condition is that, for every pair of regressor processes, the pair of error processes deriving the regressor processes have zero long-run covariance.
Volume (Year): 77 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Bruce E. Hansen, 1990. "Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125.
- Walter Torous & Rossen Valkanov & Shu Yan, 2004. "On Predicting Stock Returns with Nearly Integrated Explanatory Variables," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(4), pages 937-966, October.
- P. C. B. Phillips & S. N. Durlauf, 1986.
"Multiple Time Series Regression with Integrated Processes,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 473-495.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Steven N. Durlauf, 1985. "Multiple Time Series Regression with Integrated Processes," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 768, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Moon, Hyungsik R., 1999. "A note on fully-modified estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions models with integrated regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 25-31, October.
- Kitamura, Yuichi & Phillips, Peter C. B., 1997. "Fully modified IV, GIVE and GMM estimation with possibly non-stationary regressors and instruments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 85-123, September.
- Yuichi Kitamura & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1994. "Fully Modified IV, GIVE and GMM Estimation with Possibly Non-Stationary Regressions and Instruments," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1082, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Oh, Man Suk, 2002. "Asymptotic Efficiency Of The Ordinary Least Squares Estimator For Regressions With Unstable Regressors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(05), pages 1121-1138, October.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Oh, Man-Suk, 2004. "Fully modified semiparametric GLS estimation for regressions with nonstationary seasonal regressors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 247-280, October.
- Kramer, Walter & Hassler, Uwe, 1998. "Limiting efficiency of OLS vs. GLS when regressors are fractionally integrated," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 285-290, September.
- Krämer, Walter & Hassler, Uwe, 1997. "Limiting efficiency of OLS vs. GLS when regressors are fractionally integrated," Technical Reports 1997,01, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Li, Kai, 1999. "Testing Symmetry and Proportionality in PPP: A Panel-Data Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 409-418, October.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 1988. "The Efficiency of OLS in a Seemingly Unrelated Regressions Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 536-537, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:77:y:2007:i:1:p:75-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.