Asymptotic efficiency of the ordinary least-squares estimator for sur models with integrated regressors
For seemingly unrelated regression (SUR) models with integrated regressors, two sufficient conditions are identified, under which the ordinary least-squares estimator (OLSE) is asymptotically efficient. The first condition is that every pair of regressor processes are cointegrated in a specific way that one regressor is a linear combination of the other regressor up to a zero-mean stationary error and the second condition is that, for every pair of regressor processes, the pair of error processes deriving the regressor processes have zero long-run covariance.
Volume (Year): 77 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillips, P C B & Durlauf, S N, 1986.
"Multiple Time Series Regression with Integrated Processes,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 473-95, August.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Steven N. Durlauf, 1985. "Multiple Time Series Regression with Integrated Processes," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 768, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kramer, Walter & Hassler, Uwe, 1998.
"Limiting efficiency of OLS vs. GLS when regressors are fractionally integrated,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 285-290, September.
- Krämer, Walter & Hassler, Uwe, 1997. "Limiting efficiency of OLS vs. GLS when regressors are fractionally integrated," Technical Reports 1997,01, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Moon, Hyungsik R., 1999. "A note on fully-modified estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions models with integrated regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 25-31, October.
- Walter Torous & Rossen Valkanov & Shu Yan, 2004. "On Predicting Stock Returns with Nearly Integrated Explanatory Variables," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(4), pages 937-966, October.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Oh, Man Suk, 2002. "Asymptotic Efficiency Of The Ordinary Least Squares Estimator For Regressions With Unstable Regressors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(05), pages 1121-1138, October.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 1988. "The Efficiency of OLS in a Seemingly Unrelated Regressions Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 536-537, December.
- Yuichi Kitamura & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1994.
"Fully Modified IV, GIVE and GMM Estimation with Possibly Non-Stationary Regressions and Instruments,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1082, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kitamura, Yuichi & Phillips, Peter C. B., 1997. "Fully modified IV, GIVE and GMM estimation with possibly non-stationary regressors and instruments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 85-123, September.
- Phillips, Peter C B & Hansen, Bruce E, 1990.
"Statistical Inference in Instrumental Variables Regression with I(1) Processes,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 99-125, January.
- Tom Doan, . "FM: RATS procedure to estimate cointegrating vectors using Fully Modified Least Squares," Statistical Software Components RTS00069, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Li, Kai, 1999. "Testing Symmetry and Proportionality in PPP: A Panel-Data Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 409-18, October.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Oh, Man-Suk, 2004. "Fully modified semiparametric GLS estimation for regressions with nonstationary seasonal regressors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 247-280, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:77:y:2007:i:1:p:75-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.