Nonparametric comparison of regression curves by local linear fitting
This paper proposes a new nonparametric test for the hypothesis that the regression functions in two or more populations are the same. The test is based on local linear estimates using data-driven bandwidth selectors. The test is applicable to data with random regressors and heteroskedastic responses. Simulations indicate the test has good power.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 60 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yatchew, A., 1999. "An elementary nonparametric differencing test of equality of regression functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 271-278, March.
- de Fontenay, Catherine & Gorgens, Tue & Liu, Haoming, 2002. "The Role of Mobility in Offsetting Inequality: A Nonparametric Exploration of the CPS," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(3), pages 347-370, September.
- Scheike, Thomas H., 2000. "Comparison of non-parametric regression functions through their cumulatives," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 21-32, January.
- Delgado, Miguel A., 1993. "Testing the equality of nonparametric regression curves," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 199-204, June.
- King, Eileen & Hart, Jeffrey D. & Wehrly, Thomas E., 1991. "Testing the equality of two regression curves using linear smoothers," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 239-247, September.
- Härdle, Wolfgang, 1989. "Asymptotic maximal deviation of M-smoothers," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 163-179, May.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Hidalgo, Javier & Li, Qi, 1996. "A nonparametric test for poolability using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 345-367, December.