Sustainable community development through sport and events: A conceptual framework for Sport-for-Development projects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gow, David D. & Vansant, Jerry, 1983. "Beyond the rhetoric of rural development participation: How can it be done?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 427-446, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 2002. "Participation and Development: Perspectives from the Comprehensive Development Paradigm," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 163-182, June.
- Adair, Daryl & Taylor, Tracy & Darcy, Simon, 2010. "Managing ethnocultural and 'racial' diversity in sport: Obstacles and opportunities," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 307-312, November.
- Schulenkorf, Nico, 2010. "The roles and responsibilities of a change agent in sport event development projects," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 118-128, May.
- Skinner, James & Zakus, Dwight H. & Cowell, Jacqui, 2008. "Development through Sport: Building Social Capital in Disadvantaged Communities," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 253-275, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Svensson, Per G. & Hambrick, Marion E., 2016. "“Pick and choose our battles” – Understanding organizational capacity in a sport for development and peace organization," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 120-132.
- Reis, Arianne C. & Vieira, Marcelo Carvalho & Sousa-Mast, Fabiana Rodrigues de, 2016. "“Sport for Development” in developing countries: The case of the Vilas Olímpicas do Rio de Janeiro," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 107-119.
- Marko Perić & Jelena Đurkin & Nicholas Wise, 2016. "Leveraging Small-Scale Sport Events: Challenges of Organising, Delivering and Managing Sustainable Outcomes in Rural Communities, the Case of Gorski kotar, Croatia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-17, December.
- Harris, Kevin & Adams, Andrew, 2016. "Power and discourse in the politics of evidence in sport for development," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 97-106.
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:3:p:243-251 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2801-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:5:p:443-454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edwards, Michael B., 2015. "The role of sport in community capacity building: An examination of sport for development research and practice," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 6-19.
More about this item
KeywordsSport-for-Development; Community participation; Change agents; Event outcomes; Sport event leverage; Monitoring and evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:15:y:2012:i:1:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .