Sustainable community development through sport and events: A conceptual framework for Sport-for-Development projects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gow, David D. & Vansant, Jerry, 1983. "Beyond the rhetoric of rural development participation: How can it be done?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 427-446, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 2002. "Participation and Development: Perspectives from the Comprehensive Development Paradigm," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 163-182, June.
- Adair, Daryl & Taylor, Tracy & Darcy, Simon, 2010. "Managing ethnocultural and 'racial' diversity in sport: Obstacles and opportunities," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 307-312, November.
- Schulenkorf, Nico, 2010. "The roles and responsibilities of a change agent in sport event development projects," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 118-128, May.
- Skinner, James & Zakus, Dwight H. & Cowell, Jacqui, 2008. "Development through Sport: Building Social Capital in Disadvantaged Communities," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 253-275, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Svensson, Per G. & Hambrick, Marion E., 2016. "“Pick and choose our battles” – Understanding organizational capacity in a sport for development and peace organization," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 120-132.
- Reis, Arianne C. & Vieira, Marcelo Carvalho & Sousa-Mast, Fabiana Rodrigues de, 2016. "“Sport for Development” in developing countries: The case of the Vilas Olímpicas do Rio de Janeiro," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 107-119.
- Marko Perić & Jelena Đurkin & Nicholas Wise, 2016. "Leveraging Small-Scale Sport Events: Challenges of Organising, Delivering and Managing Sustainable Outcomes in Rural Communities, the Case of Gorski kotar, Croatia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-17, December.
- Harris, Kevin & Adams, Andrew, 2016. "Power and discourse in the politics of evidence in sport for development," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 97-106.
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:3:p:243-251 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2801-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:spomar:v:20:y:2017:i:5:p:443-454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edwards, Michael B., 2015. "The role of sport in community capacity building: An examination of sport for development research and practice," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 6-19.
More about this item
KeywordsSport-for-Development; Community participation; Change agents; Event outcomes; Sport event leverage; Monitoring and evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:15:y:2012:i:1:p:1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.