Weighing the contributions of material and social area deprivation to preterm birth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Masi, Christopher M. & Hawkley, Louise C. & Harry Piotrowski, Z. & Pickett, Kate E., 2007. "Neighborhood economic disadvantage, violent crime, group density, and pregnancy outcomes in a diverse, urban population," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(12), pages 2440-2457, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:4:597-603_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angela Testi & Enrico Ivaldi, 2009. "Material versus social deprivation and health: a case study of an urban area," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(3), pages 323-328, July.
- Pampalon, Robert & Hamel, Denis & Gamache, Philippe, 2008. "Recent changes in the geography of social disparities in premature mortality in Québec," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1269-1281, October.
- Curtis, Sarah & Setia, Maninder S. & Quesnel-Vallee, Amelie, 2009. "Socio-geographic mobility and health status: A longitudinal analysis using the National Population Health Survey of Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 1845-1853, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:9:1491-1498_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bell, Janice F. & Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Almgren, Gunnar R. & Mayer, Jonathan D. & Huebner, Colleen E., 2006. "Birth outcomes among urban African-American women: A multilevel analysis of the role of racial residential segregation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 3030-3045, December.
- Li, Baibing & Martin, Elaine B. & Morris, A. Julian, 2002. "On principal component analysis in L1," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 471-474, September.
- Kramer, Michael R. & Cooper, Hannah L. & Drews-Botsch, Carolyn D. & Waller, Lance A. & Hogue, Carol R., 2010. "Metropolitan isolation segregation and Black-White disparities in very preterm birth: A test of mediating pathways and variance explained," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(12), pages 2108-2116, December.
- Schempf, Ashley & Strobino, Donna & O'Campo, Patricia, 2009. "Neighborhood effects on birthweight: An exploration of psychosocial and behavioral pathways in Baltimore, 1995-1996," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 100-110, January.
- Pickett, Kate E. & Shaw, Richard J. & Atkin, Karl & Kiernan, Kathleen E. & Wilkinson, Richard G., 2009. "Ethnic density effects on maternal and infant health in the Millennium Cohort Study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 1476-1483, November.
- Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J., 2005. "Race and ethnic differences in determinants of preterm birth in the USA: broadening the social context," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 2217-2228, May.
- Bernard, Paul & Charafeddine, Rana & Frohlich, Katherine L. & Daniel, Mark & Kestens, Yan & Potvin, Louise, 2007. "Health inequalities and place: A theoretical conception of neighbourhood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(9), pages 1839-1852, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:11:1808-1814_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2009.167114_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Messer, Lynne C. & Vinikoor, Lisa C. & Laraia, Barbara A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Eyster, Janet & Holzman, Claudia & Culhane, Jennifer & Elo, Irma & Burke, Jessica G. & O'Campo, Patricia, 2008. "Socioeconomic domains and associations with preterm birth," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(8), pages 1247-1257, October.
- Fagg, James & Curtis, Sarah & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Cattell, Vicky & Tupuola, Ann-Marie & Arephin, Muna, 2008. "Area social fragmentation, social support for individuals and psychosocial health in young adults: Evidence from a national survey in England," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 242-254, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clayborne, Zahra M. & Giesbrecht, Gerald F. & Bell, Rhonda C. & Tomfohr-Madsen, Lianne M., 2017. "Relations between neighbourhood socioeconomic status and birth outcomes are mediated by maternal weight," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 143-151.
More about this item
KeywordsPregnancy; Pregnancy outcome; Premature birth; Residence characteristics; Socioeconomic factors; Canada;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:6:p:1032-1037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.