Environmental stressors, low well-being, smoking, and alcohol use among South African adolescents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaminer, Debra & Grimsrud, Anna & Myer, Landon & Stein, Dan J. & Williams, David R., 2008. "Risk for post-traumatic stress disorder associated with different forms of interpersonal violence in South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(10), pages 1589-1595, November.
- Williams, David R. & Gonzalez, Hector M. & Williams, Stacey & Mohammed, Selina A. & Moomal, Hashim & Stein, Dan J., 2008. "Perceived discrimination, race and health in South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 441-452, August.
- Bengt Muthén & David Kaplan & Michael Hollis, 1987. "On structural equation modeling with data that are not missing completely at random," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 431-462, September.
- Myer, Landon & Stein, Dan J. & Grimsrud, Anna & Seedat, Soraya & Williams, David R., 2008. "Social determinants of psychological distress in a nationally-representative sample of South African adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1828-1840, April.
- Kalichman, Seth C. & Simbayi, Leickness C. & Kagee, Ashraf & Toefy, Yoesrie & Jooste, Sean & Cain, Demetria & Cherry, Chauncey, 2006. "Associations of poverty, substance use, and HIV transmission risk behaviors in three South African communities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(7), pages 1641-1649, April.
- Read, Jen'nan Ghazal & Gorman, Bridget K., 2006. "Gender inequalities in US adult health: The interplay of race and ethnicity," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 1045-1065, March.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth African adolescents Adolescent substance use Environmental stressors Adolescent well-being Smoking Alcohol;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:9:p:1447-1453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.