Medical returns: Seeking health care in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lautier, Marc, 2008. "Export of health services from developing countries: The case of Tunisia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 101-110, July.
- Brown, Henry Shelton, 2008. "Do Mexican immigrants substitute health care in Mexico for health insurance in the United States? The role of distance," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2036-2042, December.
- Collins-Dogrul, Julie, 2006. "Managing US-Mexico "border health": An organizational field approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 3199-3211, December.
- Guendelman, Sylvia & Jasis, Monica, 1992. "Giving birth across the border: The San Diego-Tijuana connection," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 419-425, February.
- CHEE, Heng Leng, 2008. "Ownership, control, and contention: Challenges for the future of healthcare in Malaysia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2145-2156, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bochaton, Audrey, 2015. "Cross-border mobility and social networks: Laotians seeking medical treatment along the Thai border," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 364-373.
- repec:eee:touman:v:34:y:2013:i:c:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeroen Klijs & Meghann Ormond & Tomas Mainil & Jack Peerlings & Wim Heijman, 2016. "A state-level analysis of the economic impacts of medical tourism in Malaysia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 30(1), pages 3-29, May.
- Christina J. Diaz & Stephanie M. Koning & Ana P. Martinez-Donate, 2016. "Moving Beyond Salmon Bias: Mexican Return Migration and Health Selection," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(6), pages 2005-2030, December.
- Weller, Susan C. & Baer, Roberta D. & Garcia de Alba Garcia, Javier & Salcedo Rocha, Ana L., 2012. "Explanatory models of diabetes in the U.S. and Mexico: The patient–provider gap and cultural competence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(6), pages 1088-1096.
- Ormond, Meghann, 2015. "Solidarity by demand? Exit and voice in international medical travel – The case of Indonesia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 305-312.
More about this item
KeywordsUS-Mexico border US Latinos Immigrants Medical tourism Transnationalism Uninsured Culture of medicine Health care delivery Mexico USA;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:72:y:2011:i:11:p:1846-1852. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.